Senior Java Developer (f/m/x) - Search
Remote, Germany /
Graylog is a leading log management system that enables fast and efficient log analysis in the areas of security, compliance, operations and DevOps. Our enterprise product enables large organizations to capture, store and analyze terabytes of machine data in near-real time. With the cloud offering, customers get a seamless experience without having to handle the infrastructure for operating Graylog. The basis of these two products is our Graylog open project which empowers everyone to perform basic log functions for free. It is installed by over 50,000 users world wide.
We are a fast growing company with locations in Germany and headquarters in Houston, TX. At Graylog, you will find a diverse group of experienced professionals who love to have fun serving customers all over the world.
This position is available remotely in European time zones. If you are living in a city with a local Graylog office (Hamburg, London, Munich), you are of course welcome to get a permanent desk there. Remote work has been a big part of our culture since the beginning and we have found our way to make it work.
- Support us in continuing development of the search and analytics backend of the Graylog Open product in Java
- Maintain and improve our enterprise features such as the Alerting Correlation Engine, Archiving, and Reporting
- Java, Elasticsearch and MongoDB on Linux
- Maven, IntelliJ, Git, GitHub, Jenkins
- Mock-ups, code reviews, automated tests
- A centrally located office in Hamburg and Munich. We are very experienced with remote work and this position is available remotely from within Germany, too
- Paid participation in a successful free and open project
- Flexible working hours
- A management team with programming experience and a sense of reality
- Permanent position with a German company in an internationally mixed team
- Various growth opportunities for creativity, variety and responsibilities
- Company provided macOS or Linux workstation
- 4+ years of professional programming experience in high-quality Java-based application code
- Experience in the agile development of long-term maintainable systems
- Experience in estimating the risk and required effort for a given project
- Knowledge of web and enterprise environments
- Knowledge of design pattern and their pragmatic use
- Experience in code reviewing, unit testing and refactoring
- Interest in working with Elasticsearch or another search technology in a production environment
- Being mindful of security aspects, readability of code and team coordination
- Willingness to occasionally travel to our Hamburg, Germany office. An annual company-wide offsite takes place in either Germany or the USA (once travel restrictions are lifted)
- Team oriented way of working, sharing knowledge and learning about relevant topics. Active inquiry and effective communication via chat to make remote work possible
- Proficient English communication skills
We look forward to receiving your CV in German or in English.
Apply now and you will hear back from us soon.