Professional Services Engineer
Remote, United States /
Graylog is a leading enterprise log management system that enables fast and efficient log analysis in the areas of security, compliance, operations and DevOps. Our enterprise product enables large organizations to capture, store and analyze terabytes of machine data in near-real time, while our open project empowers individuals and small teams to perform basic log consolidation, analysis, and search functions at no cost.
We are a fast growing company with locations in Germany and headquarters in Houston, TX, serving customers all over the world.
At Graylog, you will find a diverse group of experienced professionals who love to have fun while meeting the needs of customers with the best solution and customer service available!
Professional Service Engineers help our customers succeed through training and consulting, as wellas further Graylog's product growth with direct customer feedback.
· Work with Graylog Enterprise customers to design and implement solutions that help them deliver log outcomes faster and more reliably.
· Deliver Graylog training and help keep that training accurate and up-to-date as our products and our customers' needs evolve.
· Provide pre-sales support to Sales & Marketing
· Develop and publish Graylog Enterprise content modules,
· Develop and promote integration and tooling around the Graylog Enterprise product offering
· Develop blog posts and other communication materials in order to expand market reach.
· Work with engineering and Product Management to develop and test new product capabilities
· 3+ years experience in software Security, Systems Administration, Automation, or Network Infrastructure
· Solid background programming with Unix &/or Linux SysAdmin or DevOps, including automation
· Strong customer relations & presentation skills - must be able to speak well in front of an audience and with customers
· Excitement about working with the Graylog Enterprise and our Open Source community
· Technical degree (CS/IT/Eng/ITSec) or equivalent experience
· Demonstrated experience with clients and internal resources in face-to-face, telephone, virtual meetings and the ability to work and interact as a member of a group or team
· Requires logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
Preferred, but not required:
· Programming skills (Ruby, Python, Perl, etc.)
· Windows systems administration experience, including Microsoft PowerShell
· Large scale infrastructure experience
· Experience with Graylog or other log-management tools.
· Knowledge of data center management, systems management, and monitoring, networking & security
· Professional services experience in an open source/enterprise software company
Apply now and you will hear back from us soon.