Technical Marketing Manager
Remote, United States /
Graylog is an award-winning centralised log management solution that enables fast and efficient log analysis in the areas of security, compliance, operations, and DevOps. Our enterprise solution enables organizations globally to capture, store, and analyze terabytes of machine data in near-real time, while our open project, which has been deployed in more than 50,000 installations worldwide, empowers individuals and small teams to perform basic log consolidation, analysis, and search functions at no cost.
We're a remote-friendly company with locations in Hamburg, Munich, London, Boulder, and headquarters in Houston, TX. If you live near an office and want to be part of said office, great. Nearish to an office and want to have the ability to hot desk? No problem. And if you're not near an office and wish to work remotely, all good!
With the success of current and past, Graylog continues to invest in our people and as such we're growing in almost every business area globally. Several recent achievements for Graylog have been inclusion in the 2021 Deloitte Technology Fast 500™, Gold 2021 Stevie Winner, and 2020 Best Tech Startup in Houston to name just a few.
Who we’re looking for;
Graylog is looking for someone that can provide deep technical expertise to the Marketing team to assist in communicating unique capabilities across different audiences.
Technical marketing exists to evangelize our products to both technical and non technical audiences by expressing the technical capabilities of the product as values to our target audiences. As a Technical Marketing Manager at Graylog, you understand our customers, our community, the problems they face, and how Graylog can solve those for them. You're just as happy talking to and teaching others, as you are heads down learning and using the technology.
You will work closely with our marketing, engineering, product, management, and sales team. As the Technical Marketing Manager you will be responsible for technical marketing content and representing Graylog on webinars, podcasts, and in-person events.
This person will report to the Senior Director Content Strategy.
Additional responsibilities will include but are not limited to;
- Assist Senior Technical Marketing Manager in teaching our audiences about the value of Graylog and introducing them to new concepts which can help them achieve their goals.
- Showcase the capabilities of Graylog for the use cases which our audiences care about.
- Produce technical content such as demos, videos, blogs, technical white papers, webinars to connect Graylog’s capabilities to customer needs.
- Represent Graylog at customer engagements such as with sales, at conferences, and at community and customer meetups.
- Assist with creating content for product launches and new releases of existing products
- Maintain Configurations in Demo Systems, Get help when required
- Optionally speak at industry conferences and user groups
Little bit about you;
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the capacity to explain and translate complex technology concepts into simple and intuitive communications.
- 2+ years experience developing demos, webinars, videos, technical collateral
- Ability to work in a Linux environment and a general love of tech
- Screen capture and video editing skills or the desire and motivation to learn
- Notable work experience with SIEM, log management, or related security tools
- Able to coordinate across many teams and perform in a fast-moving startup environment.
- Education background in either computer science, information technology, or similar field
- Nice to have: Industry certifications such as CISA or CISSP
- Nice to have: experience using Graylog
- Nice to have: hands-on ITOps, DevOps, IT Security experience
Just some of the reasons why to join Graylog;
- Opportunity to work with a globally distributed and diverse team
- Grow and develop professionally and personally in a fast growing environment
- Choice of latest equipment to help you succeed
- Monthly allowance to support your commute costs and support outfitting your work from home environment
Here at Graylog, you'll find a diverse group of experienced professionals who love to have fun while meeting the needs of our customers with the best solution and customer service available.
Openness- As a global company, we encourage our people to bring their backgrounds, ideas, and perspectives to our collective work. We lead with integrity and are committed to doing what is best for the Graylog community.
Collaboration- Through mutual respect, trust, and candid communication across all teams, we deliver the best ideas and results.
Useful Innovation- We take calculated risks to find new ways to innovate. By continuously improving ourselves, processes, and technologies, we deliver the best solution for our customers.
Ownership- As owners, we take the initiative to solve internal and external problems while supporting peer success and holding ourselves accountable for delivering the best work. We do this from a place of high trust.
Do the Right Thing!- Comfort and safety come from knowing that everyone will do the right thing, even when nobody's looking.
For further information please submit an application and a member of the Graylog People Team will be in touch.