Senior Product Manager
Who we are:
At Grayscale, our mission is to make the hiring process more human. Our candidate engagement platform powers high-volume hiring for brands like American Airlines, Amazon Pharmacy, and DICK’s Sporting Goods. With Grayscale, hiring teams can engage candidates via SMS and automate a white glove experience with each and every candidate, speeding up hiring outcomes by 3x.
At Grayscale, we value integrity, curiosity, and an entrepreneurial spirit in the people we hire. We check our egos at the door, practice mutual accountability, and strive to foster an encouraging, supportive environment where we can all do our best work. Sound like you? If so, keep reading. 😄
What you’ll do:
As the Senior Product Manager, you will play a critical and hands-on role in driving product strategy and execution. You will work in close partnership with our CEO to refine and execute the product vision and strategy.
Here are some key functions you’ll perform in this role:
- Define and refine product requirements, ensuring they align with the overall product strategy and meet user needs.
- Conduct regular product backlog grooming sessions, reviewing and prioritizing user stories for development.
- Take a hands-on approach to product management, working closely to mentor and develop mid/junior PM(s)
- Collaborate with the CEO and key stakeholders to refine and execute the product vision and strategy
- Ruthlessly prioritize what’s being worked on, leveraging reason and logic to support those decisions to foster productive conversations.
- Conduct market research, competitive analysis, and customer feedback analysis to identify market trends, customer needs, and product opportunities.
- Translate the product vision into a clear product roadmap, prioritizing based on business impact and customer value.
- Set clear goals and expectations for the product team, monitor performance, and provide ongoing feedback and mentorship to help level up the team.
- Foster a customer-centric mindset within the teams and across the organization, ensuring product decisions are based on customer needs.
- Stay abreast of industry trends, emerging technologies, and competitive landscape to identify opportunities for innovation and differentiation.
- Champion a culture of continuous improvement and experimentation.
- Help to refine processes for product management, ensuring the team has the necessary resources and processes in place to thrive.
1. Hand-On Product Management
2. Product Execution and Strategy:
3. Team Development and Management:
4. Process, Industry Knowledge, and Innovation:
Top qualities & experience we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of Product Management experience in SaaS or complex product development
- Experience in agile software delivery, short-release cycles, and iterative delivery
- An entrepreneurial mindset and ability to thrive with a high degree of autonomy in a fast-paced environment
- Willing to take an experimental approach to designing and testing new product features
- Able (and willing) to bounce anywhere from “free-spirited” to “stick to the script” as the situation requires
- Customer-focused with a deep understanding of customer needs and pain points; comfortable getting in front of customers to gather input and validate ideas
- Highly collaborative and able to effectively communicate with cross-functional teams
- Goal-oriented and date-driven; able to articulate trackable and impactful metrics
- Ability to prioritize ruthlessly and drive excellence in planning and execution
- Ability to remain disciplined and avoid feature creep, while remaining flexible and re-assessing priorities based on new data
Here's why this opportunity is unique & exciting:
- You’ll work directly with the founding team
- You’ll make a huge impact in shaping how our product evolves
- You will become part of a relaxed, high-performing culture with a supportive CEO and CTO
- Generous PTO and parental leave
- Our full team is ATL-based, so when it’s time to collaborate you can do that in person at the Atlanta Tech Village with the rest of the team
- Flexible work-from-home policy
Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why Grayscale is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status or or any other characteristic protected by law.
Still interested? Drop us a line and say hello. 👋