Site Reliability Engineer
Atlanta, GA /
Greenlight is an Atlanta-based fintech company that makes a debit card for kids and companion apps for the family. We proudly serve more than 2 million parents and kids, with in-app tools for sending money, setting savings goals, monitoring balances, managing chores, automating allowance and investing.
But that’s not all that we do. Here at Greenlight, we are on a mission to support parents and help every kid grow up to be financially healthy and happy. It’s no small task, but it’s the reason we leap out of bed every morning to come to work. Because creating a better, brighter future for kids depends on it.
As we continue building and scaling our cloud-native systems and services, we are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) to help keep our projects running smoothly. The ideal candidate will collaborate with product teams to ensure that services and features operate at an established level of availability, performance, observability, and maintainability (and help to define the SLI/SLO for new products). Our SREs work closely with our Operational Tools team to ensure that our CI/CD pipeline is as efficient as possible.
This role reports to an Engineering Manager.
Technologies we use:
- MySQL, DynamoDB, Redis
- Kubernetes, Ambassador, Helm, Rancher, Argo CD
- Rest, gRPC, graphQL
- React, Redux, Swift, Node.js, Kotlin, Java, Go, Python
What you will be doing:
- Act as a conduit between product development and platform engineering teams to ensure services meet defined SLA/SLO (and help to define these for new products)
- Work to bring efficiency and standardization to our incident command practices and norms
- Keep close to your sibling team Operational Tools to ensure our CI/CD pipeline is efficient and automated.
- Be accountable for metrics and monitoring of team services in production providing data and transparency that helps to support or define SLOs for a product.
- Enhance existing services and applications to increase availability, reliability, and scalability in a microservices environment
- Build and improve engineering tooling, process, and standards to enable faster, more consistent, more reliable, and highly repeatable application delivery.
What you should bring:
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Experience working on a large scale product in Java or Node.
- Experience implementing monitoring and alerting for services and establishing SLOs for services. (We use DataDog, but other tool experience is fine.)
- 2+ years of experience working in a cloud-native ecosystem (We use AWS, but we’ll consider other cloud experience).
- 2+ years building/troubleshooting/maintaining CI/CD pipelines (we use jenkins and github actions and runners, but will consider experience with other CI/CD tooling)
- 1+ years of experience working with Terraform is a plus.
Who we are:
In 2021, Greenlight was valued at $2.3B, backed by leading venture capitalists and institutional investors. Now, it takes a special kind of person to join a never-been-done-before mission like ours. We need people who love working with each other because they know it makes us stronger, people who look to others and ask, “How can I help?” and then “How can we make this even better?” If you’re ready to roll up your sleeves and help parents raise a generation of financially smart kids, apply to join our team today.
Greenlight is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal state, or local law.