Senior Security Engineer, Cloud Infrastructure Security
Information Security /
Greenlight is a fintech company that makes a debit card for kids and companion apps for the family. We proudly serve more than 5 million parents and kids, with in-app tools for sending money, setting savings goals, monitoring balances, managing chores, automating allowance, and investing.
But that’s not all that we do. Here at Greenlight, we are on a mission to support parents and help every kid grow up to be financially healthy and happy. It’s no small task, but it’s the reason we leap out of bed every morning to come to work. Because creating a better, brighter future for kids depends on it.
We are looking to hire a Senior Security Engineer to own our Cloud Infrastructure Domain. In this role, you will take a leadership role in defining technical cloud security solutions, requirements, coordinating security implementation work with our Cloud Infrastructure Team, and building tooling that allows us to move fast in a secure manner. In addition, this role will assist the Security Department with evolving the infrastructure we use for security threat monitoring as well as identifying areas of improvement across Greenlight’s Infrastructure.
This role will report directly to Greenlight’s Senior Manager, Application & Infrastructure Security.
Technologies we use:
- We’re largely in AWS, but leverage other cloud service providers
- Cloud services for: virtual machines, containers, container orchestration, serverless compute, data pipelines, file storage, transactional databases, data warehouses, source control repositories, credential management, and threat detection
- Kubernetes, Terraform, GitHub Actions
What you will be doing:
- Defining technical security solutions for all aspects of our production cloud infrastructure.
- Coordinating security implementation work with our Cloud Infrastructure Team and other members of our Security Department.
- Building tooling that improves our efficiency and efficacy, and allows us to move fast in a secure manner.
- Assisting with security investigation and response processes.
- Assisting with and advising on other aspects of the Information Security Program, including data protections, access control procedures, producing evidence for audits, security awareness training, BC/DR coordination, security policy management, vendor risk management, and enterprise risk management.
- Collaborating with leadership on defining the strategic direction and lead initiatives.
- Operating independently, have ownership of key security components, and provide guidance across Greenlight.
- Fostering an inclusive and trusting culture by communicating clearly, thinking inclusively, establishing efficient processes that empower my team to do great work, and act as a mentor throughout Information Security.
What you should bring:
- 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience in public cloud and SaaS-heavy environments, especially AWS, Kubernetes, GitHub, and financial payment tools.
- The ability to handle multiple security frameworks simultaneously.
- The willingness to roll up your sleeves and build processes and solutions.
- Outside of the box and innovating thinking.
- A thirst for continuously educating yourself and your peers.
- A humble and collaborative attitude.
- Effective prioritization and time management skills.
Now, it takes a special kind of person to join a never-been-done-before mission like ours. We need people who love working with each other because they know it makes us stronger, people who look to others and ask, “How can I help?” and then “How can we make this even better?” If you’re ready to roll up your sleeves and help parents raise a generation of financially smart kids, apply to join our team today.
Greenlight is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including pregnancy, childbirth, or medical condition related to pregnancy or childbirth), genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.