Principal iOS Engineer
Atlanta (Remote Friendly)
Full Time /
Greenlight is the leading family fintech company on a mission to help parents raise financially smart kids. We proudly serve more than 6 million parents and kids with our award-winning banking app for families. With Greenlight, parents can automate allowance, manage chores, set flexible spend controls, and invest for their family’s future. Kids and teens learn to earn, save, spend wisely, and invest.
At Greenlight, we believe every child should have the opportunity to become financially healthy and happy. It’s no small task, and that’s why we leap out of bed every morning to come to work. Because creating a better, brighter future for the next generation depends on it.
Looking for an expert iOS Engineer with experience in building multiple high quality apps with high importance to UX experience, performance and quality. Someone who enjoys influencing and guiding other engineers, planning engineering strategies for the company and raising the bar for the iOS community.
The ideal candidate must be proficient in SwiftUI and iOS frameworks & SDKs.
Technologies we use:
- Frontend: SwiftUI for iOS , Kotlin + Compose for Android
- Backend: kotlin (spring boot) and typescript (nest.js)
- MySQL, DynamoDB
- and more..
- Hands on focus on Modularization, Reliability and Reusability
- Improve engineering tooling, process, and standards to enable faster, more consistent, more reliable releases
- Helping the teams to achieve High standard for quality - Unit and Functional tests
- Continuously evaluate and improve code quality and performance.
- Work closely with the backend teams while building out client <> server apis (REST)
- Designing & Architecting a lot of the client experiences on the consumer app in a new and refreshed way using SwiftUI and a 3 layer architecture
- Build new product offerings for Greenlight families with a great user experience
What you’ll bring to the team:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 8+ years of solid iOS experience
- 4+ years of experience in Swift is a MUST
- 1+ years of experience with SwiftUI
- Experience building quality apps
- A passion for building reusable solutions
- A collaborative, positive, inclusive and team-oriented attitude
- A desire to help and motivate fellow iOS engineers
Not sure this one’s for you? Don’t count yourself out. Show us what you’ve got and we’ll reach out if there’s a great fit.
Work perks at Greenlight:
- Medical, dental, vision, and HSA match
- Paid life insurance, AD&D, and disability benefits
- Traditional 401k with company match and Roth IRA
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid company holidays and pop-up bonus holidays
- Wellness & professional development stipends
- Mental health resources
- 1:1 financial planners
- Fertility healthcare
- 100% paid parental and caregiving leave, plus cleaning service and meals during your leave
- Flexible WFH, both remote and in-office opportunities
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches, and occasional in-office happy hours
- Employee resource groups
Our stance on salaries:
Greenlight provides a competitive compensation package with a market-based approach to pay and will vary depending on your location, experience and skill set. The total compensation package for this position will also include a discretionary performance bonus, equity rewards, medical benefits, 401K match, and more. Greenlight conducts continuous compensation evaluations across departments and geographies to ensure we are keeping our pay current and competitive.
The estimated base pay range for this position in (NY, CA, WA): $195,000-270,000
The estimated base pay range for this position in (CO): $195,000-255,000
Who we are:
It takes a special team to aim for a never-been-done-before mission like ours. We’re looking for people who love working together because they know it makes us stronger, people who look to others and ask, “How can I help?” and then “How can we make this even better?” If you’re ready to roll up your sleeves and help parents raise a financially smart generation, apply to join our team.
Greenlight is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant based on age, race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including pregnancy, childbirth, or a medical condition related to pregnancy or childbirth), genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.