Senior Software Engineer
Bengaluru, Karnataka /
Greenlight is the leading family fintech company on a mission to help parents raise financially smart kids. We proudly serve more than 6 million parents and kids with our award-winning banking app for families. With Greenlight, parents can automate allowance, manage chores, set flexible spend controls, and invest for their family’s future. Kids and teens learn to earn, save, spend wisely, and invest.
At Greenlight, we believe every child should have the opportunity to become financially healthy and happy. It’s no small task, and that’s why we leap out of bed every morning to come to work. Because creating a better, brighter future for the next generation depends on it.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with a background in building scalable systems and services to join our Platform Services Team. Our ideal candidate has a background in payments, understands application design and development but also wants to participate in the deployment and operational phases of the SDLC. In this role, you will be working primarily with Kotlin.
This role reports to the Engineering Manager.
Technologies we use:
•MySQL, DynamoDB, Redis
•Kubernetes, Ambassador, Helm, Rancher
What you will be doing:
- Building and supporting microservices in Java/Kotlin that support our core product.
- Working with the Cloud Infrastructure team to deploy your services in Kubernetes on AWS
- Continuously evaluate and improve your code quality and the reliability and availability of your teams’ services through metrics, monitoring, testing
- Working with REST APIs
- Building, supporting, and operating your services for use within Greenlight engineering and for our partners
- Improve engineering tooling, process, and standards to enable faster, more consistent, more reliable, and highly repeatable application delivery
What you should bring:
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience with languages on the JVM (Kotlin, Java, Scala, etc.)
- Experience with large-scale performant applications using cloud architecture and services - AWS and Kubernetes highly preferred
- Experience building quality software and writing your own unit tests
- A collaborative, positive, inclusive and team-oriented attitude
- A desire to learn and master new technologies
Who we are:
It takes a special team to aim for a never-been-done-before mission like ours. We’re looking for people who love working together because they know it makes us stronger, people who look to others and ask, “How can I help?” and then “How can we make this even better?” If you’re ready to roll up your sleeves and help parents raise a financially smart generation, apply to join our team.
Greenlight is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant based on age, race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including pregnancy, childbirth, or a medical condition related to pregnancy or childbirth), genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.