Software Engineer, Operational Tools
Atlanta, GA /
Greenlight is an Atlanta-based fintech company that makes a debit card for kids and companion apps for the family. We proudly serve more than 2 million parents and kids, with in-app tools for sending money, setting savings goals, monitoring balances, managing chores, automating allowance and investing.
But that’s not all that we do. Here at Greenlight, we are on a mission to support parents and help every kid grow up to be financially healthy and happy. It’s no small task, but it’s the reason we leap out of bed every morning to come to work. Because creating a better, brighter future for kids depends on it.
We are looking for Operations Engineers to work closely with the Site Reliability Team and Development teams to design and implement our next generation CI/CD pipeline automation. In this role, you will design, implement and maintain Greenlight’s deployment pipeline infrastructure and services
Technologies we use:
- Backend: Node.js, Kotlin, Java, Go
- Frontend: React, Redux, Swift, Kotlin
- REST, gRPC, graphQL
- MySQL, DynamoDB, Redis
- Kubernetes, Ambassador, Helm, Rancher
What you will be doing:
- Modernize, enhance and improve the CI/CD process from current state to fully automated push button deployments in order to reduce cycle time and ensure code quality and security requirements are fulfilled.
- Work closely with QA and Test Automation teams to provide a self-service test integration, test cover and quality.
- Collaborate with Security and Architecture teams to ensure alignment with standards and governance processes.
- Manage our vendor relationships for the tools and technologies that fall within the pipeline and developer experience domain.
- Maintain and monitor the deployment of vendor software that is deployed in our AWS accounts for the benefit of Engineering such as Rundeck, Jenkins, Sonarqube, Rancher, and ArgoCD.
- Facilitate the deployment of new vendor software we decide to deploy.
- Participate in the development of internal tooling to accelerate the efficiency of our Engineering teams.
What you should bring:
- Experience in CICD automation using tools such as Git, Jenkins, Sonarcube, Bitbucket, ArgoCD, Github Actions etc.
- Knowledge of testing automation tools such as Saucelabs or Selenium.
- Experience with container orchestration (ie., Kubernetes)
- Experience with large scale production systems and technologies (load balancing, monitoring, distributed systems, configuration management)
- Experience with one of Node.js, Python, Java, Kotlin, or Go.
- Experience in deploying and maintaining vendor software into a company’s cloud infrastructure.
- Familiarity with using AWS, including familiarity with using Terraform to allocate and manage resources in the AWS ecosystem.
Who we are:
In 2021, Greenlight was valued at $2.3B, backed by leading venture capitalists and institutional investors. Now, it takes a special kind of person to join a never-been-done-before mission like ours. We need people who love working with each other because they know it makes us stronger, people who look to others and ask, “How can I help?” and then “How can we make this even better?” If you’re ready to roll up your sleeves and help parents raise a generation of financially smart kids, apply to join our team today.
Greenlight is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal state, or local law.