Senior Software Engineer, ML Infrastructure
Gridmatic Inc. is a high-growth startup with offices in the Bay Area and Houston that is accelerating the clean energy transition by applying our expertise in data, machine learning, and energy to power markets. We are the rare startup that has multiple years of profitability without raising venture capital. Gridmatic is a great place to work with a culture that values teamwork, continuous learning, diversity, and inclusion. We move quickly and fix things. We are environmentally and data-driven, with a growth-oriented, academic mindset. We value integrity as much as excellence.
We’re looking for an experienced backend engineer to build the data infrastructure needed to scale our ML forecasting and battery optimization systems. Our stack is primarily Python, React, Postgres, BigQuery, Kubernetes, Terraform, and GCP.
You might be a good fit if you:
- Have 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Have a track record of leading complex backend projects
- Have practical experience building data pipelines, distributed data processing, and event-driven systems
- Have practical experience using large scale databases in the cloud, including relational databases, NoSQL databases, and data warehouses
- Have strong experience building on cloud infrastructure
- Have strong coding ability in Python (or similar)
- Work well in a fast-paced startup environment
What you might work on:
- Building ML infrastructure like feature quality monitoring, prediction monitoring, and model evaluation tools
- Building large-scale distributed data pipelines
- Helping scale ML workloads by improving access to GPUs and removing bottlenecks in model training
- Improving our battery optimization system, which interfaces with IoT systems and needs to have reliable 24/7 operations
$167,000 - $220,000 a year
Join our team and make a difference! Click below or email us at email@example.com.