Gridmatic Inc. is a high-growth startup with offices in the Bay Area and Houston that is accelerating the clean energy transition by applying our expertise in data, machine learning, and energy to power markets. We are the rare startup that has multiple years of profitability without raising venture capital. Gridmatic is a great place to work with a culture that values teamwork, continuous learning, diversity, and inclusion. We move quickly and fix things. We are environmentally and data-driven, with a growth-oriented, academic mindset. We value integrity as much as excellence.
Gridmatic is looking for a Staff Engineer with minimum 7 years of full-time experience to join the engineering team, and oversee initiatives developing and scaling our AI-enabled trading and power marketing platform. This role is ideal for the candidate who has strong coding knowledge and experience managing engineers working on machine learning and infrastructure. Knowledge of the energy industry and experience at high-growth startups are pluses.
What you might work on
- Collaborate with the CEO to oversee engineering efforts to support Gridmatic growth.
- Provide technical leadership for various projects.
- Act as both an individual contributor and manager of ML engineers and SWEs.
- Mentor and guide engineers.
You might be a good fit if you:
- have 7+ years’ experience as a Tech Lead or Engineering Manager.
- understand machine-learning and have experience working with ML engineers.
- have full stack experience with a focus on back-end.
- have problem-solving aptitude.
- are an excellent communicator and presenter.
- Have a BSc/BA in Computer Science or relevant field; graduate degree is preferred.
- are comfortable working in a research-oriented group with several ongoing concurrent projects.
- have knowledge of the energy industry, or are eager to learn about it.
$180,000 - $243,000 a year
What’s your policy on remote work?
We value the ability to work and collaborate in-person in our early stage as a startup, so Gridmatic has a hybrid policy of "50% in-office”. Most of the company works in our Cupertino office 2 or 3 days a week.
How does the interview process work?
We start with 1-2 initial conversations about the role, your past experience, and Gridmatic as a company. We then have a skills assessment which involves a take-home project; if that goes well, you’d come onsite to Cupertino to talk to the team.
Join our team and make a difference! Click below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.