Senior Fullstack Software Engineer, Retail Energy
Gridmatic Inc. is a high-growth startup with offices in the Bay Area and Houston that is accelerating the clean energy transition by applying our expertise in data, machine learning, and energy to power markets. We are the rare startup that has multiple years of profitability without raising venture capital. Gridmatic is a great place to work with a culture that values teamwork, continuous learning, diversity, and inclusion. We move quickly and fix things. We are environmentally and data-driven, with a growth-oriented, academic mindset. We value integrity as much as excellence.
We’re looking for an experienced full-stack engineer to help drive Gridmatic’s initiative to be a provider of clean energy by matching clean generation sources like wind and solar farms with consumers of electricity. You’d be working as a technical lead to build a greenfield customer-facing product, and work closely with vendors, customers, and cross-functional teams. You’d work across the stack with Python, React, Postgres, BigQuery, Kubernetes, and GCP.
What you might work on
- Building out a web app for retail energy customers to visualize clean energy usage and other analytics, access billing invoices, and more
- Act as technical lead for the project
- Work with third-parties to pull in energy usage data, public renewable energy data, and integrate billing and other key operational systems
- Work closely with our retail business to help improve internal automation and scale up to hundreds of customers
You might be a good fit if you:
- have 5+ years of software engineering experience
- are able to design and build new products from scratch, can push through uncertainty, and take product ownership
- have built scalable web applications on cloud infrastructure
- have worked with Python/React/Postgres, or similar technologies
- are comfortable building out features like data visualizations, user authorization flows, and third party integrations
$167,000 - $220,000 a year
What’s your policy on remote work?
We value the ability to work and collaborate in-person in our early stage as a startup, so Gridmatic has a hybrid policy of "50% in-office”. Most of the company works in our Cupertino office 2 or 3 days a week.
How does the interview process work?
We start with 1-2 initial conversations about the role, your past experience, and Gridmatic as a company. We then have a skills assessment which involves a take-home project; if that goes well, you’d come onsite to Cupertino to talk to the team.
Join our team and make a difference! Click below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.