Lead Data Engineer
En Grin estamos cambiando la manera que se mueve Latinoamérica. Estamos creciendo de una manera nunca antes vista en la región. Buscamos personas extraordinarias que estén emocionadas por enfrentarse a grandes retos en un ambiente dinámico.
Grin is a data driven company. This means using data to analyze, plan, experiment, and make decisions. It is the responsibility of the Data Engineering team to make the company into a data driven company by providing clean data, good tools, and teachings to make that easier.
As the Lead Data Engineer you will be responsible for setting the vision for the data engineering organization and managing a team of data engineers. You will be responsible for creating and maintaining our data warehouse, data pipelines, and real time streaming systems. All of this while adhering to strict SLAs of latency and accuracy.
- Define vision and projects for the data engineering team
- Lead and manage a team of data engineers
- Build a data pipeline to ingest data from internal and external sources into our warehouse
- Design ETLs to create dimensional tables based on the company's needs
- Drive a security first culture along with protocols/tools for our data
- Implement observability tools to adhere to strict latency and accuracy SLAs
- Work with product and the rest of engineering to create data exploration tools
- Experience leading small/medium teams
- 4+ years working on data infrastructure (Ex: Redshift, Kafka, Airflow, Metabase, Hadoop, Spark, etc)
- Experience with large scale systems with tight SLAs
- You should live and breathe SLAs (accuracy, latency, etc)
- Understand the meaning of creating a platform that the rest of the company can use (know how to scale yourself and your team)
- Excellent communication skills
Grin is growing at an incredible rate, something that LatAm has never seen before. We need the best engineers to help us maintain that growth rate while still serving our users well. At Grin, you will find challenges that you won't see anywhere else.
Come help us change the way the world moves!