Grow is a Latam-based holding for micromobility and payments.
It is the result of the merger between Grin, the mexican scooter pioneer, and Yellow, a multimodal and payment player from Brazil.
The Finance Analyst performs professional accounting and administrative work involved in the daily organization, operation, and supervision of the accounting and budgeting system.
The Analyst exercises independent judgment and discretion in planning and carrying out the details of work procedures and methods. His work is primarily reviewed through normal accounting and budgeting systems and audits.
This role will report administratively to the local structure of finance or the country manager, but functionally to the corporate team settled in Brazil.
- Collects, organizes, and analyzes financial data for the preparation of various reports and statistical data for both internal and external reporting and assists in management’s decision-making.
- Maintains accuracy of financial data through assigning the correct budget numbers and expense codes, reviewing or approving transactions, properly recording transactions via journal entries, preparing or reviewing budget adjustments, updating the position control system, and preparing monthly reconciliations.
- Apply the principles of GAAP to intricate accounting operations in guaranteeing regular application and adherence to organizational targets;
- Provide accurate payment, respecting the disbursement terms among suppliers and other obligations, also ensuring proper transparency within the process, allocating all transactions to a respective valid document or voucher, following the proper authorization levels;
- Provide daily maintenance and proper accounting reflect of the bank reconciliation, with tracking references to all the transactions of payment and cash receipts;
- Develops and maintains a thorough understanding of the company’s accounting policies and procedures and may be responsible for providing training and financial services to the areas;
- Ensures the most effective and efficient use of resources by regularly engaging in process or system analysis and by assisting in the updating of system-wide policies and procedures;
- Proficient with computer technologies and regularly seeks to implement process improvements through available technologies.
- Ensures the timeliness of the general ledger and subsidiary on the timely submission of financial information.
- Works with external auditors, accounting firms and prepares audit work papers for the fiscal year audit by researching and analyzing the year-to-date accounting information.
- Assists the Corporate controllership team and country manager in developing a competent and efficient accounting reporting process.
- Facilitates a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
- Evaluate internal procedures, as well as analytical statements in order to give suggestions on how to enhance information process and resource flow;
- Contributes to the overall success of the Financial Area by performing all other duties and responsibilities
Skills and Requirements
- From 4-5 years of experience in accounting and finance function – With Accounting certificate (CPA or similar);
- A graduate degree in accounting from a four-year institution or college, preferable with specialization in Investment, Budgeting, Finance, or other related field;
- Experience working with Windows based spreadsheet software;
- Experience working with Windows based database software and Word Processing tools;
- Must have the ability to independently evaluate, resolve, and assess intricate analytical issues;
- Must have the ability to function with massive units of data, identify and rectify errors, interpret monetary records, and manage financial reports, following established regulations, principles and rules;
- Ability to perform assigned tasks at maximum efficiency with little or no supervision and work well with others in a team environment.
- Fluent English.