Grow is a Latam-based holding for micromobility and payments.
It is the result of the merger between Grin, the mexican scooter pioneer, and Yellow, a multimodal and payment player from Brazil.
Our Controller performs professional accounting and administrative work involved in the daily organization, operation, and supervision of the accounting and budgeting system.
Exercises independent judgment and discretion in planning and carrying out the details of work procedures and methods. The Senior Accountant/Analyst’s work is primarily reviewed through normal accounting and budgeting systems and audits.
This role will report administratively to the country manager, but functionally to the corporate team settled in Brazil.
- Collects, organizes, and analyzes financial data for the preparation of various reports and statistical data for both internal and external reporting and assists in management’s decision-making.
- Maintains accuracy of financial data through assigning the correct budget numbers and expense codes.
- Apply the principles of GAAP to intricate accounting operations
- Provide accurate payment, respecting the disbursement terms among suppliers and other obligations.
- Provide daily maintenance and proper accounting reflect of the bank reconciliation
- Develops and maintains a thorough understanding of the company’s accounting policies and procedures
- Ensures the most effective and efficient use of resources by regularly engaging
- Ensures the timeliness of the general ledger and subsidiary on the timely submission of financial information.
- Works with external auditors, accounting firms and prepares audit work papers for the fiscal year audit
- Assists the Corporate controllership team and country manager in developing a competent and efficient accounting reporting process.
- Facilitates a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
- Promotes self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues
- Evaluate internal procedures, as well as analytical statements in order to give suggestions on how to enhance information process and resource flow
- Contributes to the overall success of the Financial Area by performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned, maintaining high levels of accuracy, maintaining a professional demeanor and appropriate levels of confidentiality, and providing excellent service.
- From 4-5 years of experience in accounting and finance function – With Accounting certificate (CPA or similar) would be a plus
- A graduate degree in accounting from a four-year institution or college, preferable with specialization in Investment, Budgeting, Finance, or other related field
- Experience working with Windows based spreadsheet software
- Experience working with Windows based database software and Word Processing tools
- Must have the ability to independently evaluate, resolve, and assess intricate analytical issues
- Must have the ability to function with massive units of data, identify and rectify errors, interpret monetary records, and manage financial reports, following established regulations, principles and rules
- Ability to perform assigned tasks at maximum efficiency with little or no supervision and work well with others in a team environment.
- Fluent English.
Be part of one of the fastest growing companies, work with a motivated, flexible and fun team, where every day you can grow with us and live loving our cities!