San Diego, CA /
Here at Grizzly, we work at the convergence of branding and advertising—blending strategy, design, and story to build deeper, more enduring connections between brands and people.
We partner with those who are out to shape the future. The trailblazers. The visionaries. The brave thinkers. The ones who believe in a better world and are hell-bent on building it. The Adventurous Brands™ securing the future of work, powering the way we communicate, and discovering science that’s changing life as we know it.
We put creativity to work for business because we believe the most innovative brands have the power to affect just about anything. They challenge convention impact culture, and create a better future. We help them navigate an increasingly complex and challenging world.
This is how we guide brands onward.
This is the adventure.
Designer - Job Description
Reports To: Creative Director
Position Summary: Designers at Grizzly lead the design process from conception to completion for client work, including identity, packaging, collateral, web, and campaign design. They will collaborate with stakeholders internally and externally to execute multiple projects simultaneously. In all their work, the Designer will ensure strategic, people-centric, bold, thoughtful, and detail-oriented design that solves client challenges to meet business outcomes.
Strategy and Collaboration
- Contribute to discovering and creating strategic solutions to client challenges with a commitment to the underlying “why.”
- Actively find solutions and answers independently as well as within a group setting.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with other designers, developers, and strategists to achieve exceptional project outcomes.
- Clearly and confidently articulate your ideas and concepts to team members and clients.
- Solicit regular feedback to ensure the design strategy is aligned with other project stakeholders.
- Contribute to creating processes and procedures to increase productivity for the design workflow and Grizzly.
Conceptualize and Produce Design Solutions
- Manage assigned design tasks and projects from start to finish, ensuring successful project completion against deadlines.
- Contribute to design thought leadership for our team and clients.
- Approach projects and concept development with strategic creative thinking.
- Provide thoughtful design solutions after thoroughly analyzing the problem and the audience you’re designing for.
- Translate client requests into functional, original designs, ensuring quality and brand consistency.
- Contribute and participate in pitch presentations and interface with clients.
- Create highly-effective and impactful designs across various media (including, but not limited to, web and interactive, print, mixed media, photography, and typography).
- Leverage a strong understanding of use cases, user flows, and information architecture through all stages of design development and execution.
- Know the current design landscape, and be aware of new trends and technologies.
- Maintain working knowledge and proficiency in all relevant design technologies (including but not limited to Figma, Photoshop, Sketch, Illustrator, InDesign, and Adobe Suite)
- Contribute to Grizzly’s growth by supporting projects, initiatives, and fellow teammates.
- Take initiative in learning and growing as a designer and as a team member.
$70,000 - $100,000 a year
Individual compensation packages are based on various factors unique to each candidate, including skill set, experience, qualifications, and other job-related reasons.
3-5 years of visual design experience working in agencies.
Expert with industry-standard design tools (Figma, Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator, and Sketch).
Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
Proven experience building brand systems (identity and web).
Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
Excellent presentation skills that encompass clear, compelling communications.
Proven ability to work cross-functionally with all agency personnel in developing plans, recommendations, and deliverables.
Well-developed typography skills (with knowledge of visual hierarchies).
Strong conceptual and brainstorming skills.
Ability to work collaboratively as well as independently.
Must be able to solicit feedback and provide constructive feedback to others.
Excellent listening skills, with the ability to understand the needs of the client and the intended audience.
Virtual (Remote) Position.
Proximity to Southern California, Atlanta, or CDMX is preferred.
Flexibility with schedule to meet client commitments.
Domestic and international travel may be required.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws. All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.