Sales Development Representative
San Diego, CA /
Groove is the leading sales engagement platform for enterprises using Salesforce, specializing in ease-of-use, ease-of-administration, and cross-team collaboration. Built for the needs of full-cycle sellers, Groove automates non-sales activities so that pre- and post-sales reps can spend more time building relationships and generating revenue. On average, Groove gives revenue teams 20% of their time back to focus on higher-value activities. Groove’s Salesforce-native architecture ensures more accurate reporting and forecasting, lower compliance risk with global privacy laws, and streamlined administration.
Over 50,000 account executive, sales development, and customer success representatives use Groove at some of the world’s largest and fastest-growing companies, including Google, Uber, BBVA, and Capital One. Groove has earned the highest customer satisfaction rating on G2 in the sales engagement category for over two years in a row.
Groove was named one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces 2020 and is one of the 2020 Inc. 5000 fastest-growing privately held companies in the U.S. Groove also ranks #14 on the San Francisco Business Times' "fastest-growing private companies in the Bay Area in 2019." Founded in 2014, Groove is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in San Diego and Seattle. To learn more, visit groove.co.
About the Role
Do you embrace opportunities to use your strong drive and determination to deliver high impact results? At Groove.co, you will find a culture that rewards your entrepreneurial spirit and allows you an unparalleled level of ownership in your day-to-day process. You will be a part of something truly groundbreaking as sales organizations evolve into innovative profit centers driven by automation, customer insights and process analytics.
As a Sales Development Representative, you will be responsible for uncovering demand for Groove.co in the most innovative companies in the world, and our Sales Development Representatives provide their first introduction. You will be expected to deliver a compelling value proposition for Groove.co at each company balancing the needs of their business and the norms of their industry.
- Research industries to understand current trends and unique challenges, and lead strategic outreach into high-value companies in that industry to drive interest for Groove.
- Design compelling messaging based on a thorough understanding of Groove’s features and benefits, and a diverse knowledge of each company’s unique attributes.
- Execute a consistent sales process while gathering data on where you’re having success in order to drive iterative improvements that will lead to a high level of performance.
- Serve as a thought leader on the sales acceleration space, delivering unique insights to customers and challenging their previously held notions when necessary.
- Collaborate frequently with your team and the broader company to share success stories, product and sales challenges, and impactful product enhancements.
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with a strong academic track record.
- 1-3 years SDR experience preferred. Tech, SaaS, Salesforce or sales engagement experience a plus.
- Strategic Thinking - Analyzes and incorporates data points across many sources in order to identify areas of opportunity and areas for development.
- Collaboration - Works with peers and executives across departments to arrive at outcomes that align individual goal attainment and company’s overall success.
- Communication - Delivers convincing pitches while effectively handling objections that arise, tailors content/style to each customer, and writes persuasive and thoughtful email content.
- Ownership - Goes out of his or her way to complete a job and has relentless drive to achieve results; takes initiative with minimal direction or supervision.
- Workflow Management - Sets clear, realistic objectives that align to business growth; breaks each objective into component tasks that can be achieved within a realistic timeframe.
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flexible PTO
- Paid holidays
- Stock options
- 401k match
- A stocked kitchen and cold brew and kombucha on tap
- Fun, collaborative, and balanced culture
Our Culture and Core Values
Our values speak volumes about who we are, both as individuals and as a team. At Groove, we put our team before ourselves and are dedicated to ensuring that our teammates are happy and satisfied, both in their careers and their work environment. We are a team of high-performers that operate in a culture of empathy and transparency, with a natural curiosity to continually grow. We put the team before ourselves, care more and enjoy the journey above all else. These are only a few of the reasons that we have a five-star rating on Glassdoor.
Groove is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We offer highly competitive compensation packages and excellent benefits, including medical/dental/vision insurance, flexible PTO, and a matching 401K.
If this sounds like your next ideal career move, we would love to hear from you.