Senior Software Engineer
Vancouver, BC /
Groove is a leading sales engagement platform that makes account-based revenue teams more efficient and effective at finding, landing, renewing and expanding revenue. Groove delivers a 10X productivity boost to your most expensive and valuable resources, allowing them to spend more time building relationships and generating revenue.
Over 50,000 AE's and CSM's use Groove at some of the world’s fastest growing companies, including Google, Uber, Tipalti, and Capital One. Groove’s platform was ranked #1 in G2's Sales Engagement Relationship Index 2019 and received the highest Satisfaction score among Sales Engagement products based on verified user reviews.
Groove is one of the Inc. 5000 fastest-growing privately held companies in the U.S. and ranks #14 on the San Francisco Business Times' "fastest-growing private companies in the Bay Area in 2019."
Founded in 2014, Groove is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in San Diego and Seattle. To learn more, visit https://www.groove.co.
About the Role
We're looking for exceptional, experienced software engineers that can work on multiple components of our technology stack, from concept phase through testing and launch. You will have a direct influence on product and technology decisions and help define our culture as we change how companies and teams sell.
This is an opportunity to be an early employee with all the upsides of a rising start-up, take on a lot of responsibility and substantially shape the future of the company. We seek entrepreneurial engineers who love to solve complex problems and want to create smart and beautiful software that serves its user magically.
- 4+ years of Developer experience; particularly in Ruby on Rails
- You value writing tests (test-first even), pairing, and making an impact
- You enjoy white-boarding data models, user interfaces, and workflows with others
- You've built things that operate at scale
- You seek the best solution given real life constraints - not the best academic answer.
- You communicate well with others
- You lead and take ownership by identifying issues and fixing them or communicating them with the team without being asked
- You're comfortable with modern front end frameworks like React/Flux
- You're intellectually curious
- You're passionate about building technology to help the workflows of a historically neglected user-base
- Ruby on Rails
- Apex Visualforce
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flexible PTO
- Paid holidays
- Stock options
- 401k match
- A stocked kitchen and cold brew and kombucha on tap
- Fun, collaborative, and balanced culture
Our Culture and Core Values
Our values speak volumes about who we are, both as individuals and as a team. At Groove, we put our team before ourselves and are dedicated to ensuring that our teammates are happy and satisfied, both in their careers and their work environment. We are a team of high-performers that operate in a culture of empathy and transparency, with a natural curiosity to continually grow. We put the team before ourselves, care more and enjoy the journey above all else. These are only a few of the reasons that we have a five-star rating on Glassdoor.
Groove is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We offer highly competitive compensation packages and excellent benefits, including medical/dental/vision insurance, flexible PTO, and a matching 401K.
If this sounds like your next ideal career move, we would love to hear from you.