Strategic Partner Manager
San Francisco, CA /
Groove is the leading sales engagement platform for enterprises using Salesforce, specializing in ease-of-use, ease-of-administration, and cross-team collaboration. Built for the needs of full-cycle sellers, Groove automates non-sales activities so that pre- and post-sales reps can spend more time building relationships and generating revenue. On average, Groove gives revenue teams 20% of their time back to focus on higher-value activities. Groove’s Salesforce-native architecture ensures more accurate reporting and forecasting, lower compliance risk with global privacy laws, and streamlined administration.
Over 50,000 account executive, sales development, and customer success representatives use Groove at some of the world’s largest and fastest-growing companies, including Google, Uber, BBVA, and Capital One. Groove has earned the highest customer satisfaction rating on G2 in the sales engagement category for over two years in a row.
Groove was named one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces 2020 and is one of the 2020 Inc. 5000 fastest-growing privately held companies in the U.S. Groove also ranks #14 on the San Francisco Business Times' "fastest-growing private companies in the Bay Area in 2019." Founded in 2014, Groove is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in San Diego and Seattle. To learn more, visit groove.co.
About the Role
Groove is one of the Inc. 5000 fastest-growing privately held companies in the U.S. and ranks #14 on the San Francisco Business Times' "fastest-growing private companies in the Bay Area in 2019." We think we are at a unique time where with you as our Strategic Partner Manager, we could grow even faster!
We work hard and it is extremely rewarding. Join what our team has said is a “Very collaborative, open, amazing team” and to have the experience of “This is exactly, exactly what I was looking for.”
Do you love building trusted win/win partnerships and accelerating revenue? And working with an awesome team (and technology) that supports you at every turn? At Groove, you will find a culture that rewards your entrepreneurial spirit and allows you an unparalleled level of ownership in your day-to-day process. You will be a part of something truly groundbreaking as sales organizations evolve into innovative profit centers driven by automation, customer insights and process analytics.
As our Strategic Partner Manager, you will be responsible for uncovering demand for Groove in the most innovative companies in the world, and our Sales Development Representatives provide their first introduction. You will be expected to deliver a compelling value proposition for Groove at each company, balancing the needs of their business and the norms of their industry.
- Lead the overall partnership strategy with the expected outcome of driving customer acquisition and revenue growth.
- Accelerate revenue by driving GTM strategy, sales alignment, route to market approach, and go-to-market motion with the partner.
- Evaluate and prioritize partnership opportunities, establishing key performance indicators that will determine the ultimate success of the partnerships.
- Maintaining all aspects of partnership go-to-market, ensuring that both parties hit their respective timelines prior, during, and after launch.
- Create strong relationships with partners and the sales team in order to drive more partner sourced revenue, which you will have the primary responsibility for.
- Teamwork makes the dreamwork at Groove and you’ll collaborate cross functionally to deliver on key objectives.
- Communicate and educate with all levels of partners (from executive to sales rep), building a comprehensive, structured program for training and enablement.
- Deepen relationships with existing partners by looking at opportunities for joint programs.
- Develop the foundations of our partnership strategy, including how we onboard and collaborate with product and development partners.
- Develop joint business plans with partners, plan and forecast growth for key channel and partner accounts.
- Drive co-marketing and promotion opportunities that generate new interest in Groove.
- Securing new and innovative integrations, distribution models, and GTM that drive revenue. Driving mutual customer and partner success through innovative solution capabilities that leverage Groove’ unique platform capabilities.
- 5+ years of experience in alliances / partnerships / business development in the software/technology industry, and proven experience leading a partner GTM strategy.
- Strong leadership, intellectual curiosity, analytical, sales and partnering skills with a proven ability to exceed quota and achieve goals with a strong results orientation.
- Demonstrated ability to independently and logically frame a problem, provide the analysis required to answer the question, and drive the resolution.
- Proven ability to negotiate complex contracts with large companies
- Proven ability to generate pipeline and revenue leveraging partner relationships
- Entrepreneurial, self-starter who can roll up their sleeves or up-level in an executive briefing as needed to generate results.
- Experience influencing senior executives Excellent verbal and written communications skills are necessary, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
- Demonstrated experience working with multiple stakeholders and cross-functional teams including senior executives and familiarity with enterprise decision-making.
- Broad high-tech industry knowledge, business acumen, and a passion for delivering business outcomes to customers.
- Familiarity with the Salesforce ecosystem, SaaS, the sales technology landscape and/or sales engagement platforms.
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flexible PTO
- Paid holidays
- Stock options
- 401k match
- Fun, collaborative, and balanced culture
Our values speak volumes about who we are, both as individuals and as a team. At Groove, we put our team before ourselves and are dedicated to ensuring that our teammates are happy and satisfied, both in their careers and their work environment. We are a team of high-performers that operate in a culture of empathy and transparency, with a natural curiosity to continually grow. We put the team before ourselves, care more and enjoy the journey above all else. These are only a few of the reasons that we have a five-star rating on Glassdoor.
Groove is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We offer highly competitive compensation packages and excellent benefits, including medical/dental/vision insurance, flexible PTO, and a matching 401K.
If this sounds like your next ideal career move, we would love to hear from you.
Groove is committed to ensuring the security and protection of the personal information that we process, and to provide a compliant and consistent approach to data protection. All submitted resumes, regardless of location, will be deleted after 1 year.