Senior Software Engineer
San Francisco, CA /
Groove is a leading sales engagement platform that makes account-based revenue teams more efficient and effective at finding, landing, renewing and expanding revenue. Groove delivers a 10X productivity boost to your most expensive and valuable resources, allowing them to spend more time building relationships and generating revenue.
Over 50,000 AE's and CSM's use Groove at some of the world’s fastest growing companies, including Google, Uber, Tipalti, and Capital One. Groove’s platform was ranked #1 in G2's Sales Engagement Relationship Index 2019 and received the highest Satisfaction score among Sales Engagement products based on verified user reviews.
Groove is one of the Inc. 5000 fastest-growing privately held companies in the U.S. and ranks #14 on the San Francisco Business Times' "fastest-growing private companies in the Bay Area in 2019."
Founded in 2014, Groove is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in San Diego and Seattle. To learn more, visit https://www.groove.co.
About the Role
We serve some of the most historically underserved users, many of whom have been stuck using unintuitive and clunky software for their whole careers. It's not uncommon that users spend 4-6 hours+ a day using and interacting with Groove. Our goal is to elevate the user and the work they can do.
We're looking for awesome, well rounded engineers who want to take on big challenges, collaborate closely with others, grow a lot, and help shape the future of the company. You will have a direct influence on product and technology decisions and help define our culture as we change how companies and teams sell.
Our engineering organization is split into product based squads. You'll be joining one of these squads and working most closely with each engineer and product manager within the squad.
- 4+ years of experience; at least 2 in either Ruby on Rails and/or React/Redux are a major plus
- You value writing tests, pairing, and making an impact on end users
- You enjoy white-boarding data models and workflows with others
- You've built and supported things that operate in production and at scale
- You seek the best solution given real life constraints - not the best academic answer.
- You communicate well
- You take initiative and ownership by identifying issues and fixing them or communicating them with the team without being asked
- You're comfortable with modern front end frameworks like React/Redux
- You're intellectually curious
- You're passionate about building technology to help the workflows of a historically neglected user-base
- Ruby on Rails
- Chrome Extensions / Salesforce APEX
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flexible PTO
- Paid holidays
- Stock options
- 401k match
- A stocked kitchen and cold brew and kombucha on tap
- Fun, collaborative, and balanced culture
Our Culture and Core Values
Our values speak volumes about who we are, both as individuals and as a team. At Groove, we put our team before ourselves and are dedicated to ensuring that our teammates are happy and satisfied, both in their careers and their work environment. We are a team of high-performers that operate in a culture of empathy and transparency, with a natural curiosity to continually grow. We put the team before ourselves, care more and enjoy the journey above all else. These are only a few of the reasons that we have a five-star rating on Glassdoor.
Groove is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We offer highly competitive compensation packages and excellent benefits, including medical/dental/vision insurance, flexible PTO, and a matching 401K.
If this sounds like your next ideal career move, we would love to hear from you.
A note about remote work / COVID19 -
We've always had multiple locations so working/collaborating remotely has always been a part of our DNA. Like many others, since the global pandemic hit, we've transitioned our physical offices to everyone working from home for at least the next 6-9 months. We've found that it has not affected our productivity and have become more remote oriented as a result.
This specific role is one of the first fully remote positions and we're excited to see what new talent we can bring into Groove from new locations in Canada and the US!