Enterprise Customer Success Manager
San Diego, CA /
Customer Success /
Groove is a leading sales engagement platform that makes sales and customer-facing teams more effective at finding, landing, renewing and expanding their customers. Groove delivers a 10X productivity boost to your most expensive and valuable resources, allowing them to spend more time building relationships and generating revenue.
Over 50,000 AEs, SDRs and CSMs use Groove at some of the world’s fastest growing companies, including Google, Uber, and Capital One. Groove’s platform was ranked #1 in G2's Sales Engagement Relationship Index 2019 and received the highest Satisfaction score among Sales Engagement products based on verified user reviews.
Groove is one of the Inc. 5000 fastest-growing privately held companies in the U.S. and ranks #14 on the San Francisco Business Times' "fastest-growing private companies in the Bay Area in 2019."
Founded in 2014, Groove is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in San Diego and Seattle. To learn more, visit https://www.groove.co.
About the Role
Are you a CSM that loves developing relationships with customers and helping them maximize the value they're getting from your product? At Groove, you will find a customer-oriented culture that rewards your ability to manage the needs of an awesome customer list while also balancing the internal collaboration required to thrive in the role. We will empower you to be a thought leader in the sales acceleration space as an unprecedented number of organizations look to transform their sales organization and enter an era of modern selling using Groove’s platform.
As an Enterprise Customer Success Manager, you will be responsible for managing the relationships with a small set of very large Groove customers. You will be tasked with ensuring that the customer gets up and running successfully with our software, that their users love us, and that they remain (and grow!) as a happy customer. In short, you will serve as the customer’s Trusted Advisor throughout their lifecycle with Groove! Your performance will be measured on data points critical to our business including account growth, license assignment rate, average NPS and renewal rate.
- Proactively check in with customers on a regular basis. This will typically come in the form of a Quarterly Business Reviews (QBRs) where the CSM, and any other members of the account team, will meet with the customer to measure progress against their goals and identify/address any areas for improvement.
- Ensure renewal for every customer. As with any SaaS business, we try to avoid churn at all costs and our CSMs are on the front lines helping customers get the most out of Groove so that they love our product and renew every chance that they get!
- Reactively respond to customer requests. This is typically not in the form of technical/product issues (we have a Support team that handles 1st line questions in this area) but more along the lines of license/account modifications, strategic guidance on the product, and introductions to new stakeholders or lines of business.
- Onboard new customers effectively. Onboarding includes ensuring that admins have installed and configured our software, and also that end users have installed and been trained on the product.
- Collaborate with product and engineering. The sales engagement space is constantly evolving and sales organizations are always looking for new and innovative ways to use our products. Our CSMs help digest their feedback and funnel it back to the appropriate parties internally so feature requests and new product ideas get incorporated into our roadmap.
- Share your knowledge. It's important that the senior CSM has a strong desire to help share what has worked for them in their prior CSM experience (and what hasn't) so that our team can grow and mature at an even faster rate.
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with a strong academic track record.
- 5-8 years experience in a Customer Success role (or equivalent) at a B2B SaaS company, preferably a company that provides line of business software used by sizable groups of users that touch the software many times every day.
- Experience with Salesforce.com, as well as Groove or products similar to Groove!
- Experience managing a book of 5-10 very strategic, enterprise-level accounts
- Prior sales experience is preferred but not required - it is helpful to have sales experience so you can speak authentically when you are representing a sales engagement platform!
- Strategic Thinking - strategizes with customers to ensure that our product is deployed and utilized in way that is consistent with their sales organization’s unique structure and objectives.
- Collaboration - works with peers and executives across sales, engineering and product teams to create win-win scenarios for all parties involved.
- Communication - effectively delivers trainings, tailors content and style to each customer, and writes persuasive and thoughtful email and slide deck content.
- Ownership - goes out of his or her way to complete a job and has relentless drive to achieve results; takes initiative with minimal direction or supervision.
- Workflow Management - sets clear, realistic objectives that align to business growth; breaks each objective into component tasks that can be achieved within a realistic timeframe.
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flexible PTO
- Paid holidays
- Stock options
- 401k match
- A stocked kitchen and cold brew and kombucha on tap
- Fun, collaborative, and balanced culture
Our Culture and Core Values
Our values speak volumes about who we are, both as individuals and as a team. At Groove, we put our team before ourselves and are dedicated to ensuring that our teammates are happy and satisfied, both in their careers and their work environment. We are a team of high-performers that operate in a culture of empathy and transparency, with a natural curiosity to continually grow. We put the team before ourselves, care more and enjoy the journey above all else. These are only a few of the reasons that we have a five-star rating on Glassdoor.
Groove is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We offer highly competitive compensation packages and excellent benefits, including medical/dental/vision insurance, flexible PTO, and a matching 401K.
If this sounds like your next ideal career move, we would love to hear from you.
Groove is committed to ensuring the security and protection of the personal information that we process, and to provide a compliant and consistent approach to data protection. All submitted resumes, regardless of location, will be deleted after 1 year.