Operations Research Analyst
Ann Arbor, MI
Groundspeed Analytics, Inc., a fast-growing technology company, is seeking an exceptional person with a strong academic and applied background in Operations Research. You will be an important part of a diverse and growing team of 85+ employees that support the development and use of proprietary data acquisition and analysis tools to revolutionize how data is processed and leveraged within the P&C Industry. We are looking for someone with deep knowledge and solid experience with applying operations research ideas, tools, and best practices into real world systems that drive measurable and meaningful improvements to outcomes (efficiency, quality, optimization). In addition to possessing the requisite experience and skills, you’ll need to be a stellar fit with our culture and contribute to an environment where employees feel inspired, supported, and productive. Daily interactions include your team, other managers, the COO, as well as members of the executive team.
In terms of experience, we’re looking for specific accomplishments that demonstrate your ability to not only deliver amazing results but do so in a way that was inclusive, sustainable, and effectively leveraged the talents of your teammates.
Keywords: Process re-engineering, business transformation, process change management, business management, industrial engineering, lean, six sigma.
Specific requirements include:
- Strong quantitative and analytic abilities to integrate and analyze data that drives the design and implementation of metric reporting resulting in continuous improvement.
- Experience in implementing Six Sigma/Lean best practices within a services environment in a way that works with Agile software development principles.
- Solid understanding of large scale document processing is a definite plus.
- Excellent communication skills to effectively explain complex problems and solutions to relevant stakeholders that will result in constructive input, support, and results.
- Tangible management experience driving systematic and measurable improvements in desired process and team performance OKR/KPI is preferred.
- Develop and implement advanced models that help define and drive optimal operational structure, processes, skills, and tools aligned with process improvement.
- Use and, when needed, develop custom analysis tools and models in a variety of program languages necessary to drive required analytics (SQL, Python in particular).
- Undergraduate or Graduate degree(s) indicating a focus and excellence in Operations Research.
- Background in document processing workflow design and optimization is a plus.
- 5+ Years of applied experience in Operations Research roles and accomplishments.
- Consulting experience in Lean, Six Sigma, Ops Research a plus.
If you're smart, honest, hard-working and enjoy solving challenging problems you'll like working here. If you take pride in what you do and care about the people you work with then we'll like working with you. We have an awesome culture with a great group of people as well as a nice benefits plan (in addition to free snacks!). We’re constantly striving to improve what we offer to employees so we can all achieve great things while having fun in the process.
Some of our recent company awards and recognition: 1 of 20 Insurtech companies to be named one of the Top 250 Fintech Companies in the world by CB Insights, $30 Million Series B funding led by Oak HC/FT, featured in FT Partners “CEO Monthly Insurtech Market Analysis”, TECHTalk Panelist at 2018 CIAB Insurance Leadership Forum, Speaker at Aon Analytics Insights Conference, 2017 Best Small Business in Michigan.
Groundspeed offers an outstanding medical benefits plan, a 401(K) with company contribution, fitness club reimbursement benefit, snacks and an inclusive, high-energy and diverse culture.
Groundspeed Analytics, Inc. is an E-Verify Employer.
Groundspeed Analytics is committed to building a diverse team and fostering an inclusive culture. It is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Groundspeed embraces and encourages its employees' differences in race, religion, color, national origin, gender, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, medical conditions, and other characteristics.