Business Analytics Lead
Remote, United States /
Who We Are
Groundspeed Analytics (“Groundspeed”) is one of the fastest growing InsurTech companies globally. Driven by innovative artificial intelligence (AI) solutions, Groundspeed is disrupting the $350 billion commercial insurance industry. Our clients include top insurance carriers and brokers such as Travelers, Aon, Liberty Mutual and others.
The insurance industry sits on massive amounts of unstructured data, and the lack of access and utilization of this data creates a barrier to revenue growth and expense reduction. Groundspeed helps the industry by unlocking the value in their unstructured data. Whether it is automating processes and/or providing insights derived from machine learning, Groundspeed is helping companies maximize their business opportunities.
Groundspeed is recognized by industry analysts as a leader and was recently named to the 250 Top FinTech startups in 2020 by CB Insights and the Insurtech Hot 100. Headquartered in Ann Arbor, Groundspeed’s team is distributed across more than 10 locations in the US, including San Francisco, Denver, Chicago, and Atlanta.
About the Role
We’re looking for an intelligent, driven professional to join our Analytics team. You’ll be responsible for finding the signal in the noise, taking different datasets and providing leaders across the company with answers to their difficult questions. You will drive data-driven decision making into the fabric of the company and provide teams with a better understanding of the health of the business!
You're a resourceful analyst who thrives in a challenging, fast-paced environment. You take an innovative and analytical approach to solving problems and are a structured thinker. Your role will have a direct impact on key decisions and will provide accelerated learning opportunities with a world-class team.
What You'll Do
- Leverage analytical approaches to identify opportunities to improve efficiency and reduce costs in order to achieve company goals
- Partner with Data Engineering to define our data infrastructure and maintain a solid grasp of our evolving data warehouse
- Develop KPIs, dashboards, ad-hoc analyses, and scalable processes for company-wide reporting. Own the “source of truth”
- Utilize disparate data sources and answer complex questions around operational efficiency, forecasting, product enhancements, and customer analytics
- Sharpen Groundspeed’s operational strategy through the application of new insights garnered from new analysis
- Own and develop FAQ materials and conduct recurring training on analytics and business intelligence best practices
What We Look For
- Passion and drive to disrupt the insurance industry; an entrepreneurial spirit that enjoys both technical and business problem solving
- 5+ years of experience in analytics and/or business intelligence, preferably in hyper-growth VC backed companies
- Strong technical and analytics skills, especially with SQL and Python
- Hands-on experience with BI tools (Looker/Tableau) and data warehouse technologies (Snowflake, Redshift). Experience with dbt preferred
- A passion for finding insights in data and driving change based on those insights
- Ability to think creatively and critically while thriving in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous work environment
- Ability to communicate findings and recommendations clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience working with cross-functional teams and collaborating with engineering partners in data management and analytics initiatives
- Humility and team player - you go out of your way to help teammates
We are Committed to a Diverse Workforce
Groundspeed is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, nativity, neurodiversity, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. For more information about Groundspeed, please visit www.groundspeed.com.
Groundspeed Analytics, Inc. is an E-Verify Employer.
Groundspeed Analytics, Inc. respects the privacy of your data. *If you are a resident of the State of California, please take the time to read our Candidate Privacy Notice, available here.