Senior Software Engineer - Data Engineering
Remote, United States /
Who We Are
Groundspeed Analytics (“Groundspeed”) is one of the fastest growing InsurTech companies globally. Driven by innovative artificial intelligence (AI) solutions, Groundspeed is disrupting the $350 billion commercial insurance industry. Our clients include top insurance carriers and brokers such as Travelers, Aon, Liberty Mutual and others.
The insurance industry sits on massive amounts of unstructured data, and the lack of access and utilization of this data creates a barrier to revenue growth and expense reduction. Groundspeed helps the industry by unlocking the value in their unstructured data. Whether it is automating processes and/or providing insights derived from machine learning, Groundspeed is helping companies maximize their business opportunities.
Groundspeed is recognized by industry analysts as a leader and was recently named to the 250 Top FinTech startups in 2020 by CB Insights and the Insurtech Hot 100. Headquartered in Ann Arbor, Groundspeed’s team is distributed across more than 10 locations in the US, including San Francisco, Denver, Chicago, and Atlanta.
About the Role
We are looking for creative, enthusiastic, and collaborative professionals who don't shy away from hard problems. Our team is made up of people from a diverse set of fields, industries, and backgrounds — working together by bringing everything they can offer to make this a successful team. We are a culture that believes in iteration and strives to add value each and every sprint, and to do so without ego.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced software engineer with a proven track record delivering production quality software. Our engineers take loosely defined, complex ideas and run with them, working toward elegant results. You'll work with small teams to help define and, most importantly, build the backend for our event-driven data pipeline and analytics products, including integrating advanced AI-driven automation, big data systems, analytical models, and applications to tie it all together.
What We're Looking For
- At least three years of experience contributing significantly to the creation and maintenance of data models and ETL systems
- Experience with integrations with third party API’s at scale
- Experience with data model change management
- Knowledge of agile software development and continuous integration / deployment principles
- Persistent against challenges, quick to debug, and identifies problems to solve before users encounter issues
- Chooses tools and technologies for efficiency and performance, and understands trade-offs associated with those choices
- Understands the business impact of technical decisions and is empathetic to the user experience
- Demonstrates knowledge through practice of documentation, code reviews, mentoring, and contextualizing work across teams
- Ability to communicate with multiple stakeholders and enforce data standards and quality
- Experience with BPMN is a plus
What You'll Do
- Design, develop, test, deploy, and improve software
- Make the data we gather work for us and our customers
- Write reliable, scalable, maintainable software primarily using Python (though we use other languages as well)
- Build systems that empower internal and external customers to accomplish more
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables with your technical expertise
- Participate in code reviews and collaborate with team members in a variety of software engineering areas
- Contribute to product design and architecture planning of major systems and features
We are Committed to a Diverse Workforce
Groundspeed is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, nativity, neurodiversity, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. For more information about Groundspeed, please visit www.groundspeed.com.
Groundspeed Analytics, Inc. is an E-Verify Employer.
Groundspeed Analytics, Inc. respects the privacy of your data. *If you are a resident of the State of California, please take the time to read our Candidate Privacy Notice, available here.