Senior UI / UX Designer
Ann Arbor, MI
What We’re Building
Groundspeed Analytics, Inc. is a data analytics firm that is making sense of the unstructured information driving most decisions in the commercial insurance industry. We are team of insurance experts, data scientists, software developers and analysts working in a collaborative and fun environment. We work with some of the largest insurance companies in the world. Our clients treat us like partners and friends, and we are deeply committed to them.
We are also one of the fastest growing InsurTech firms in the world, recently recognized as one of the fastest growing InsurTech firms in the world on more than a dozen Top-10 lists. We are co-located in Ann Arbor, Michigan, a very cool town, named the Best Place to Live in 2018 by Livability and Atlanta, Georgia.
Some of the benefits to working at Groundspeed:
-- Be surrounded by creative people who love to build great stuff.
-- Be part of a collaborative team with good mentors who love to teach.
-- Be part of a culture that is committed to work-life balance.
-- Participate in a broad and growing benefits package that includes 401K 3% contribution plan, amazing health insurance, wellness reimbursement and Friday lunches.
As our ideal candidate, you will have a creative mind about what makes an intuitive user experience, and a deep understanding of the research and design tools to achieve it. You’re comfortable taking input from users and translating it into detailed mockups, interactive prototypes, and graphical elements. You're comfortable contributing to a high performing and dynamic product team.
You will be responsible for investigating and designing new product features, as well as improving existing features, within our internal and client-facing products.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Collaborate with stakeholders (e.g., product team, data scientists, customers, engineerings) to brainstorm, investigate, and define user experience requirements, user scenarios, and solutions
- Translate abstract ideas and requirements into tangible artifacts (personas, user task flows, journey maps) to aid with cross-team communication, collaboration and development
- Contribute to ideation and sketching sessions, storyboards, prototyping and usability testing to create comprehensive wireframe system
- Integrate user feedback and business requirements into ongoing product experience updates
- Job is full-time in our Ann Arbor, Michigan headquarters
Education and Experience
- Relevant degree applicable to UX principles (e.g., Human-Computer Interaction), or equivalent relevant work experience
- 3+ years of related experience in the area of graphic and UX/UI design
- A compelling portfolio of work, with a focus on data driven web apps
- Experience with graphics, design, and prototyping tools (e.g., Photoshop, Sketch, Axure, etc)
- Experience working with Agile methodologies
- Excellent skills of running brainstorming, idea review, and product critique sessions for a great design
- Excellent interpersonal communications and presentation skills
- Experience finding simple, innovative solutions for complex problems
- A sense for prioritization and can manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Have strong opinions, loosely held.
- Experience in Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning
- Understanding of programming and web development
We are Committed to a Diverse Workforce
Groundspeed is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. For more information about Groundspeed, please visit www.groundspeed.com.