Ann Arbor, MI
Groundspeed Analytics, Inc., a fast-growing technology company, is seeking data analysts to work in its Ann Arbor office. You'll work with proprietary data acquisition and analysis tools to revolutionize how data is processed and leveraged. Groundspeed uses AI, machine learning and data science to change the way the insurance industry uses data to analyze risk and improve decision making. Groundspeed Analytics, Inc. is a market-leading Top 250 Fintech Company recognized as one of the top technology start-up companies in Michigan, with a rapidly growing list of customers representing some of the largest global P&C insurance carriers and brokers in the world.
What this all means is that we're growing fast and want people who want to grow with us! We have a fantastic team with a variety of cool backgrounds. A minimum of a bachelor's degree or its equivalent in computer engineering, computer science, analytics, or another discipline directly related to the position is required. We also find that software coding experience, specifically Python, is super helpful for most roles within our company. Experience or strong interest in the P&C insurance industry is also highly desirable. We also offer multiple paths for Data Analysts to continue to develop and grow their skills as well as increase their impact within the company.
If you're smart, honest, hard-working and enjoy solving challenging problems you'll like working here. If you take pride in what you do and care about the people you work with then we'll like working with you. We have an awesome culture with a great group of people as well as a nice benefits plan (in addition to free snacks!). We’re constantly striving to improve what we offer to employees so we can all achieve great things while having fun in the process.
Things we are looking for
- Enthusiasm for working with technology and data.
- Intellectual curiosity and a passion for solving problems.
- Experience with python is a plus.
- Desire to grow in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to collaborate and be a great teammate.
- Experience in the P&C Insurance industry is a plus
- Support quality analysis and error resolution of “human in the loop” data processing automation tools.
- Help perform complex data format processing requirements analysis focused on managing unstructured data types.
- Assist with automated data capture effectiveness analysis and error resolution.
- Support data capture and analysis of unstructured data into standard and custom structured outputs
- Aid in performing machine learning tool evaluation.
- Assist with operational analytics to improve machine and “human in the loop” data processing efficiency and quality.
- Help provide statistically valid analysis and recommendations regarding the measurement and improvement of operational performance goals.
- Aid in the development of predictive models that drive key trade-off decisions between operational efficiency and data accuracy performance.
- Perform operational engineering analysis to help optimize synthesis of machine and “human in the loop” workflow management.
- Support the development of ongoing software enhancements to improve the performance of robotic NLP and AI data processing results.
Some of the things we offer
- Complete suite of benefits.
- Growth and advancement opportunities.
- Amazing colleagues and company culture.
- Learning and development opportunities.
Some of our recent company awards and recognition: 1 of 20 Insurtech companies to be named one of the Top 250 Fintech Companies in the world by CB Insights, $30 Million Series B funding led by Oak HC/FT, featured in FT Partners “CEO Monthly Insurtech Market Analysis”, TECHTalk Panelist at 2018 CIAB Insurance Leadership Forum, Speaker at Aon Analytics Insights Conference, 2017 Best Small Business in Michigan.
Groundspeed Analytics, Inc. is an E-Verify employer.