IT Support Specialist
Ann Arbor, MI
Who We Are
Groundspeed Analytics, Inc. is a data analytics firm that is making sense of the unstructured information driving most decisions in the commercial insurance industry. We are team of insurance experts, data scientists, software engineers, and analysts working in a collaborative and fun environment. We work with some of the largest insurance companies in the world. Our clients treat us like partners and friends, and we are deeply committed to them.
We are also one of the fastest growing InsurTech firms in the world, recently recognized as one of the 250 fastest growing FinTech startups in 2018 by CB Insights. We are co-located in Ann Arbor, Michigan (named the Best Place to Live in 2018 by Livability) and Atlanta, Georgia.
What We Do
Groundspeed is a data science and artificial intelligence (AI) company serving commercial property and casualty insurance carriers, brokers and managing general agents (MGAs). Our solutions unlock the value in unstructured information such as loss runs, exposure schedules, and policy data to automate core processes and provide powerful predictive risk analytics that improve margins, identify profit pools, and improve customer experience.
We are committed to building innovative solutions that apply approaches from the fields of deep and classical machine learning, natural language processing, and analytics. Our insurance industry domain knowledge paired with our technology expertise positions us uniquely in the market to address this challenging and high-value problem space. To meet that goal, we are working to create a world-class engineering and data science team.
We are looking for creative, enthusiastic, and collaborative professionals who don't shy away from hard problems. Our team is made up of people from a diverse set of fields, industries, and backgrounds — all of whom are focused on bringing everything they can offer to make this a successful team. We look for people who have a personal sense of responsibility to produce the best products and services possible, and expect the same from their team members. We are a culture that believe in iteration and strives to add value each and every sprint, and to do so without ego.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced IT Specialist with a proven track record delivering and maintaining IT infrastructure for an office and manage application permissions across an organization that is looking forward to the challenge of starting a new group. This opportunity spans the entire infrastructure of an office approaching 100 employees, including but not limited to managing: VPN, firewall, internet, hardware and software support for employees, email and Atlassian tools. The role would also require collaboration with our DevOps team to manage application and environment level access for our developers.
- Be the first person in on a dedicated IT team, help define what's possible
- Working with internal stakeholders to identify modern solutions for modern problems
- Ensure external and internal secure access to our office infrastructure by maintaining VPN and internet solutions
- Work with internal stakeholders to define and enforce access controls to our applications and development environments
- Enable communication across the organization by identifying and maintaining video and telephony solutions
- Asset management: procure, provision and maintain equipment, such as laptops, for employees
- Provision and maintain email, Jira, Confluence, GSuite, AWS and other accounts for the organization
- Manage permissions across the organization for Internal users for GSuite, Github, AWS (IAM), GCP (IAM)
- Manage Active Directory, DNS across organization
- Experience setting up linux, OSX, Windows laptops
- Experience configuring and maintaining GSuite products
- Networking experience
- Interest in Security and Compliance a plus
- Experience with setting up and maintaining office infrastructure (VPN, WiFi, telephony) a plus
Why Choose Groundspeed?
- Participate in the engineering process from start to finish — we value a culture of responsibility
- A collaborative team with mentors for every skill-level
- Use the best tools — productivity is key
- Immediate impact on challenging engineering tasks — rapid prototyping and iteration are essential to an efficient engineering process
- A culture that is committed to work-life balance
- A broad and growing benefits package that includes 3% contribution to a 401K plan, amazing health insurance, wellness reimbursement, snacks and drinks, and lunches every Friday
- Contribute to one of the fastest growing startups in Michigan in terms of revenue, headcount, and tech
We are Committed to a Diverse Workforce
Groundspeed is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. For more information about Groundspeed, please visit www.groundspeed.com.
Groundspeed Analytics, Inc. is an E-Verify Employer.