Director of Operations
Groundspeed Analytics, Inc., a fast-growing technology company, is seeking a leader for our Southfield, Michigan based Data Annotation and Quality Team. Groundspeed uses proprietary technology, with a focus on AI and Machine Learning, to change the way the insurance industry gathers and uses data to analyze risk and improve decision making. You'll grow and lead an initial team of 30 that leverages specialized tools to help ensure that the data we capture meets the level of quality we need for client needs as well as provide great training data for our ML models. Over time, this team may grow significantly to include other locations out of state.
Our main technology and analytics teams are located at 2373 Oak Valley Dr. in Ann Arbor. Our new team will be located at our Southfield office.
Here are some things we think are important for this role:
- Proven track record of developing, motivating, and leading back office administrative processing teams in delivering consistently outstanding results.
- Commitment to continuous improvement of talent, processes, and tools to improve outcomes for clients and key stakeholders. Previous experience successfully implementing both Six Sigma/Lean as well as Agile tools and best practices is a definite plus.
- Previous experience in a leadership role within a tech start-up is a plus.
- Someone who takes pride in balancing technical expertise as well as seeing the “big picture”.
- Interest in technology, data science, applied modeling, and appreciative of the challenge and value of quality data annotation.
- Brings a mature, professional attitude and a strong desire to join and build upon the stellar reputation of a serious tech company whose clients already include several of the top 10 companies in our industry.
- Aligns to our company values: Positivity, Effort, Growth, and Selflessness.
- Someone who leads by example and understands what it means to lead through service.
- Bachelors or master’s degree, preferably in a quantitative discipline, with at least 10+ years of experience, most of it in a role that demonstrates exceptional leadership and results.
- Experience in P&C administrative work (underwriting, admin processing) is helpful as prior domain experience can be applied to this type of work.
- A desire to be part of an industry changing technology company.
If you're smart, honest, hard-working and have a positive attitude, you'll like working here. If you take pride in what you do and care about the people you work with then we'll like working with you. We have an awesome culture, take our core values seriously, and have already put together a great group of people as well as a nice benefits plan (in addition to free snacks!).
Some of our recent company awards and recognition: 1 of 20 Insurtech companies to be named one of the Top 250 Fintech Companies in the world by CB Insights, $30 Million Series B funding led by Oak HC/FT, featured in FT Partners “CEO Monthly Insurtech Market Analysis”, TECHTalk Panelist at 2018 CIAB Insurance Leadership Forum, Speaker at Aon Analytics Insights Conference, 2017 Best Small Business in Michigan.
Groundspeed Analytics, Inc. is an E-Verify Employer.
Groundspeed Analytics is committed to building a diverse team and fostering an inclusive culture. It is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Groundspeed embraces and encourages its employees' differences in race, religion, color, national origin, gender, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, medical conditions, and other characteristics.