Ann Arbor, MI /
Who We Are
Groundspeed Analytics, Inc. is a data analytics firm that is making sense of the unstructured information driving most decisions in the commercial insurance industry. We are team of insurance experts, data scientists, software engineers, and analysts working in a collaborative and fun environment. We work with some of the largest insurance companies in the world. Our clients treat us like partners and friends, and we are deeply committed to them.
We are also one of the fastest growing InsurTech firms in the world, recently recognized as one of the 250 fastest growing FinTech startups in 2018 by CB Insights. We are co-located in Ann Arbor, Michigan (named the Best Place to Live in 2018 by Livability) and Atlanta, Georgia.
What We Do
Groundspeed is a data science and artificial intelligence (AI) company serving commercial property and casualty insurance carriers, brokers and managing general agents (MGAs). Our solutions unlock the value in unstructured information such as loss runs, exposure schedules, and policy data to automate core processes and provide powerful predictive risk analytics that improve margins, identify profit pools, and improve customer experience.
We are committed to building innovative solutions that apply approaches from the fields of deep and classical machine learning, natural language processing, and analytics. Our insurance industry domain knowledge paired with our technology expertise positions us uniquely in the market to address this challenging and high-value problem space. To meet that goal, we are working to create a world-class engineering and data science team.
We are looking for creative, enthusiastic, and collaborative professionals who don't shy away from hard problems. Our team is made up of people from a diverse set of fields, industries, and backgrounds — all of whom are focused on bringing everything they can offer to make this a successful team. We look for people who have a personal sense of responsibility to produce the best products and services possible, and expect the same from their team members. We are a culture that believe in iteration and strives to add value each and every sprint, and to do so without ego.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced security engineer with a proven track record of taking an active role in the definition and implementation of of an organization's security efforts for at least the last five years. You'll work with engineering leadership and small teams in product engineering, devops, techops, and others to assess security needs and make steady improvements to Groundspeed's security posture. You'll also be responsible for helping to implement and tune automated security monitoring systems and establish a security operations group.
- Develop and maintain secure, resilient processes with engineering team
- Secure business applications and computing environments across public, private, or hybrid infrastructures
- Protect business applications in compliance with privacy, security, and business resiliency frameworks
- Monitor, assess, and recommend tactical and strategic initiatives based on new and emerging threats
- Coordinate and perform tuning and configuration of security related systems
- Escalate infrastructure issues to appropriate teams
- Serve as security consultant in weekly meetings and group sessions
- Oversee remediation efforts after security assessments
- Act as key figure in incident response to track occurrence and resolution, with strict documentation and reporting
- 5+ years or equivalent experience in cyber-security
- Network and encryption experience
- Familiarity with security solutions
- Experience with threat intelligence services
- Knowledge of various regulatory requirements and laws
We are Committed to a Diverse Workforce
Groundspeed is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. For more information about Groundspeed, please visit www.groundspeed.com.
Groundspeed Analytics, Inc. is an E-Verify Employer.