Senior Software Engineer - Platform Engineering
Remote, United States /
Who We Are
Groundspeed Analytics (“Groundspeed”) is one of the fastest growing InsurTech companies globally. Driven by innovative artificial intelligence (AI) solutions, Groundspeed is disrupting the $350 billion commercial insurance industry. Our clients include top insurance carriers and brokers such as Travelers, Aon, Liberty Mutual and others.
The insurance industry sits on massive amounts of unstructured data, and the lack of access and utilization of this data creates a barrier to revenue growth and expense reduction. Groundspeed helps the industry by unlocking the value in their unstructured data. Whether it is automating processes and/or providing insights derived from machine learning, Groundspeed is helping companies maximize their business opportunities.
Groundspeed is recognized by industry analysts as a leader and was recently named to the 250 Top FinTech startups in 2020 by CB Insights and the Insurtech Hot 100. Headquartered in Ann Arbor, Groundspeed’s team is distributed across more than 10 locations in the US, including San Francisco, Denver, Chicago, and Atlanta.
About the Role
We are looking for creative, enthusiastic, and collaborative professionals who don't shy away from hard problems. Our team is made up of people from a diverse set of fields, industries, and backgrounds — working together by bringing everything they can offer to make this a successful team. We are a culture that believes in iteration and strives to add value each and every sprint, and to do so without ego.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced software engineer with a proven track record delivering production quality software. Our engineers take loosely defined, complex ideas and run with them, working toward elegant results. You'll work with small teams to help define and, most importantly, build the backend for our event-driven data pipeline and analytics products, including integrating advanced AI-driven automation, big data systems, analytical models, and applications to tie it all together. Experience with BPMN is a plus.
What We're Looking For
- At least four years of experience contributing significantly to the development of cloud-native software solutions; real-world experience using containerized build and deployment environments
- Experience with business process modeling and notation. Including building business process enablement systems
- Background in multiple testing methodologies, such as unit testing, integration testing and load testing
- Experience translating business and product requirements into technical specifications and engineering plans
- Knowledge of agile software development and continuous integration / deployment principles
- Knowledge of human-in-the-loop systems
- Experience working with model-driven or other statistical software solutions preferred
- Experience with Python preferred
- Experience working in a fast-growing team preferred
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent practical experience
What You'll Do
- Enable our operations group by developing software allowing them to agilely create new business processes
- Working with customers and internal stakeholders to design and build UIs and application services
- Work with customers and business analysts to develop features that add immediate value and get released to the real world quickly
- Work with the operations team to automate processes which are painful or time consuming for other people at Groundspeed
- Participate in code reviews and provide mentorship in a variety of software engineering areas to other team members
We are Committed to a Diverse Workforce
Groundspeed is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, nativity, neurodiversity, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. For more information about Groundspeed, please visit www.groundspeed.com.
Groundspeed Analytics, Inc. is an E-Verify Employer.
Groundspeed Analytics, Inc. respects the privacy of your data. *If you are a resident of the State of California, please take the time to read our Candidate Privacy Notice, available here.