Director of People Operations
Ann Arbor, MI
Groundspeed Analytics, Inc., a fast-growing technology company, is seeking a Director of People Operations. This individual will lead and manage all HR related functions and report directly to the Chief Operating Officer as well as have extensive interactions with all members of the C Level Team. Groundspeed uses proprietary technology, with a focus on AI and Machine Learning, to change the way the insurance industry gathers and uses data to analyze risk and improve decision making. We have over 90 employees in multiple locations and growing fast.
The position will be located at our main office, 2373 Oak Valley Dr. in Ann Arbor, MI. There may be some limited travel needed for our other office locations MI and GA.
Here are some things we think are important for this role:
- Earn and maintain the trust and confidence of all employees
- Hands on experience with building and managing the following in order of importance:
- Commitment to continuous improvement of talent, processes, and tools
- Previous experience working with tech start-ups is a plus
- Managing/developing dedicated and matrix personnel to effectively execute HR related needs
- Brings an independent, mature, and professional mindset that can effectively influence and guide the executive team toward wiser, better decisions regarding talent management
- Aligns to our company values: Positivity, Effort, Growth, and Selflessness
- Someone who leads by example and understands what it means to lead through service
- Bachelors or Masters degree as well as relevant and appropriate HR professional certifications (PHR/SPHR, HRM, SHRM-SCP)
- Facilitating creative team building programs and activities
- A desire to be part of an industry changing technology company
1. Best in class professional development programs tailored for more technically oriented employees (Required)
2. Effective and tailored performance management programs (Required)
3. Recruiting strategy, evaluation, management of sourcing partners (Preferred)
4. Benefits & Wellness Design and Administration (Good to have)
This is a high visibility, high impact position and, quite frankly, we’re looking to land a star that is excited about leveraging their very successful “HR Generalist” background at a fast growing tech company and really helping us taking things to the next level in terms of benefits, talent management, and leadership.
If you're smart, honest, hard-working and have a positive attitude, you'll like working here. If you take pride in what you do and care about the people you work with then we'll like working with you. We have an awesome culture, take our core values seriously, and have already put together a great group of people as well as a nice benefits plan (in addition to free snacks!). The new Director of HR should see all of this as a “good starting point” where they can add their personal and professional expertise to arrive at the balance that is tailored to our company, culture, and direction.
Groundspeed Analytics, Inc. is an E-Verify Employer.
Groundspeed Analytics is committed to building a diverse team and fostering an inclusive culture. It is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Groundspeed embraces and encourages its employees' differences in race, religion, color, national origin, gender, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, medical conditions, and other characteristics.