BI Manager (Remote/Hybrid)
Engineering – Product Management /
Who we are
GroupBy's cloud-native SaaS technology powers the world's most relevant and highly converting eCommerce websites. Our composable Product Discovery Platform powered by Google Cloud Discovery AI, provides industry-leading features for data enrichment, search, recommendations, navigation, personalization, merchandising and search analytics and much more! GroupBy’s next-generation Product Discovery Platform creates seamless eCommerce experiences optimized for business outcomes, including revenue, margin, and profit. In late 2021, we kicked off our exciting partnership with Google Cloud making GroupBy a provider of choice for site search and recommendations and allowing us to expand globally while raising our business to new heights. Today, GroupBy is recognized for its success enhancing large-scale, complex B2B and B2C eCommerce configurations.
While we have numerous accolades, we would like to highlight that Groupby was honored with a spot on LinkedIn Top Startups 2018: The 25 most sought-after startups in Canada LinkedIn Top 25. In October 2022, GroupBy received the Gold Merit Award for Technology beating out Amazon in the same category.
Do you thrive in a diverse and exciting environment that’s continuously evolving? Join our team and find out why GroupBy is such a great place to work!
GroupBy is looking for a BI Manager.
The ideal candidate can communicate effectively within a team, with the primary responsibility for enabling the strategic vision and for managing the day-to-day tactical operations of the BI team. He/she will be responsible for all tactical, operational, and technical resource managerial responsibilities associated with the Data Warehousing and BI related functions.
What You'll Be Doing
- Lead his/her teams by establishing and executing a vision for the delivery of information and analytics platforms and solutions to the business’s key stakeholders, including, internal staff, partners and clients.
- Deliver and support long-term strategic goals & vision for BI platform in conjunction with data users, internal customers and other stakeholders
- Based on data findings and trends, make recommendations for improvements, standardization, consolidation of reports to common layouts for supportability/usability, and determine ways to optimize information generation and distribution
- This person will work with our senior business leaders to set the vision, direction and roadmap, and lead a team of analysts to deliver this solution
Skills You Have
- Business Intelligence experience working in Data Warehouse solutions
- Demonstrated capability in all aspects of leading and managing employees, including setting team objectives, monitoring employee performance, and managing budgets
- Ability to demonstrate highly reliable judgment and problem solving capabilities particularly in situations involving new, complex, or multiple sources of information
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills; demonstrated ability to influence, direct, and negotiate with others
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Relationship management skills, particularly in dealing with external parties
Nice To Have
- Start up experience
- Understanding of mass merchandising, retail, e-commerce and multi-channel retailing
- SaaS experience is strongly preferred
Please note we are unable to accept candidates requiring VISA sponsorship for either Canada or USA.
Why You'll Love Working Here
In 2018, LinkedIn nominated us as one of the fastest growing tech companies in Toronto.
In 2021 and 2022, we received a 92% employee engagement score on our annual employee satisfaction survey.
We offer a hybrid work environment. This is a true Hybrid in that people can work from anywhere as long as we get the job done. It also means we have chosen to retain our head office in Toronto for those who wish to use them.
We have many fun perks like getting your birthday off, half days before a holiday weekend, unlimited vacation, $500 annual educational budget to spend as you wish, many opportunities for growth and more!
We have a strict "no jerks" allowed policy. Only good humans allowed.