Software Engineer - Full Stack
Product, Design, Engineering, and Analytics – Engineering
Engineering at Grove
The Grove product/engineering/design team is rooted in a data and goal-driven culture. We love to take ownership of big business and technology challenges in our high growth phase, and solve them quickly and robustly. We are divided into small, independently-executing Agile teams to allow maximum autonomy and speed. We build in a modern, evolving stack (python, Vue, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS), leveraging new technologies as needed. We use CI/CD to deploy several times a day so that we can impact the business as quickly as possible. We operate with shared trust and no egos, and enjoy being 'in this together' to collaborate on the challenges of a rapidly scaling business.
- Work on the core aspects of the Grove.co, allowing our services to perform effectively, efficiently, reliably and with high scalability
- Collaborate closely with other engineers to create solid, robust code
- Ship high-value features and own the impact of your solutions
- Work with product managers to brainstorm and create products that are loved by our customers
- Advocate for new and better ways we should develop, and discover and implement new best practices for the development organization
- Build frameworks and tools that are used by our customers and internal organizations
- Contribute back to the open source projects we rely on
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee of this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Strong understanding of Django,Vue.js (or React or similar) and ECMAScript standard.
- You love clean code and robust design
- You value and take responsibility for the quality of your features, including writing your own tests (unit, functional and integration) and reviewing your teammates’ code
- Keen nose for bad code smells
- Motivated and assertive in learning and helping your team be successful
- Innovator with good ideas, strong problem solving abilities, and a results oriented attitude
- Experience with eCommerce a plus
We are remaking the future of consumer goods and want you to join us.
If you join us you’ll get:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options -- shared success is core to our mission
- Comprehensive medical, vision, dental and commuter benefits
- Wellness programs like quarterly massages and weekly meditation
- A shiny Mac and the other productivity accessories you need
- Flexible Paid Time Off -- we care most about results
Let’s do this
We're building a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come join the community at Grove. It's a heck of a lot of fun, and we'd love to tell you more about it.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to Talent@grove.co.