Senior Manager, CRM Marketing - Retention
San Francisco, CA /
Brand and Marketing – Growth and Marketing /
We're looking for a fearless digital marketing professional to join our growing team. This natural leader has built and optimized best-in-class DTC email and push marketing programs, has a true passion for beautifully crafted and flawlessly executed marketing campaigns, measures twice and cuts once, always builds for the customer, and isn’t afraid to flex their strategic chops in a high-growth environment. Based in our Headquarter office in San Francisco, CA our team is focused on retaining and engaging our customers from the minute they order their first box throughout their entire lifecycle.
This teammate will play an integral role, developing and driving email and omni-channel strategies that guide the customer along a path to active engagement, growing wallet share across our product catalog, and managing customer experience - building loyalty and love - through marketing campaigns. This teammate will have the opportunity to manage delivering daily campaign activations rooted in email, app push notifications and incorporating SMS, Direct Mail, and more. Reporting to the Head of Integrated Retention Marketing, this teammate will work closely aligned with counterparts in our Innovation, Merchandising, Creative and Product teams to deliver powerful user experiences with each campaign
- With input from Retention leadership, develop strategy for moving from one-size-fits-all to segmented and personalized campaigns programs that leverage new CRM capabilities to deliver more relevant messaging to key customer segments
- Manage the build out and optimization of segmented/personalized retention programs
- Own and evolve email campaign programs for Grove’s active customer base
- Own active customer file health and monitor deliverability. Interface with email, app push notification and other vendors to troubleshoot and enhance performance
- Increase lifetime value and reduce churn by engaging customers with the most relevant messages
- Be hands-on in marketing platforms and aim to automate team processes wherever possible to maximise team investment on high-impact work
- Collaborate across the organization to ensure campaign program effectively driving strategic imperatives for Grove
- Spearhead leveraging new tools to deliver more personalized communication experiences to Grove’s customers
- Work with a broader cross-functional team to evolve customer segmentation, typing and modeling - evolving campaign programs to deliver on consumer insights
- Work with our Head of Retention and the Retention team to implement a messaging strategy that delivers effective messaging to core customer segments
- Build reporting and own analysis on retention health and campaign performance using tools such as Mixpanel, Google Analytics, Looker, etc.
- Work closely with the Retention Marketing and Customer Acquisition teams to drive sustained growth at Grove while improving customer retention, experience and overall engagement
- 6+ years in retention marketing including specific depth (3+ years) in email marketing and/or CRM
- Highly data-driven with a proven track record of running robust testing program in email and optimizing email marketing programs to drive company OKRs and key metrics
- Leadership experience in a high growth environment. Ideally ecommerce or DTC subscription service. Especially experience developing personalized comms program strategy
- Ownership over planning and executing A/B Testing Roadmap that drove improvements to email program
- Proven track record of growing email or app push notification channels for ecommerce or subscription business (or relevant entity)
- Strong analytical capacity, especially experience driving goal-setting and measurement for a range of DTC campaigns - analyzing results and elevating key insights.
- Focused on improving customer LTV over a long (2-3 years) timespan
- Has driven results through optimization of marketing program that responded to customer behavioral segmentation, buying behavior, etc. with tailored messages based on customer segment
- 6+ years of professional experience working on a digital marketing team and can work on a high-performing team that is constantly challenging itself
- Knack for learning complex systems and you quickly became the go-to person when it came to reaching the right customer group with the right message that moved the needle
- Experience in moving from one-size-fits-all to segmented email program
- Strong background in ongoing testing and optimization
- Deep experience and skill working with creative team, writing effective and efficient creative briefs, and managing creative development
- Sincere love for the consumer, and desire to improve their experience
- You would confidently call yourself an expert and could train others to use at least two of: Braze, Optimove, Mixpanel, Google Analytics, Tableau, Looker, Sailthru, or any enterprise-grade ESP
- Desire to work hard with good people, and leave the world a better place for future generations
- In an emergency you can dive in and code up a web page or email template in HTML & CSS
- You love to work hard, learn fast, and bring growth and excitement to your work - and would find it valuable to do that at a B-Corp
- Core Benefits: Stock options, Medical, Dental, Vision, Pre-tax and Roth 401k options, Short term and Long Term Disability and Life Insurance, Employer contribution toward Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Perks: Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Perkspot discount platform, Quarterly peer recognition awards, Class Pass discount, Free VIP Membership + 25% off every Grove order
- Work/Life: Internet reimbursement, Flexible Paid Time Off, 16 week Paid Parental Leave + discounts on fertility services
ABOUT GROVE COLLABORATIVE:
Launched in 2016 as a Certified B Corp, Grove Collaborative creates innovative natural products and offers a curated selection of healthy home essentials like cleaning supplies and personal care products. With a flexible, monthly delivery model and a personal Grove Guide assigned to each customer, Grove’s platform makes it easy for people to switch to healthier, more sustainable routines. Every item Grove offers, both from their flagship Grove Collaborative brand and from exceptional third party brands, has been thoroughly vetted against strict standards for sustainability, efficacy and supply chain practices. On a mission to move Beyond Plastic, Grove is the first and only plastic neutral retailer in the world and is committed to becoming 100% plastic-free by 2025. For more information, please visit www.grove.co/plastic.
Let’s do this
We're building a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come join the community at Grove. It's a heck of a lot of fun, and we'd love to tell you more about it.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to Talent@grove.co.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.