Full Stack Software Engineer
San Francisco, CA
Grove Collaborative is a digitally native brand and direct-to-consumer e-commerce platform for natural home and personal care products. With a mission to help every family create a healthy, beautiful home, Grove offers a flexible recurring shipment model and gives each customer a personal shopper, a “Grove Guide.”
We are a B Corp
We are a B Corp - a group of about 2500 companies (like Patagonia and Ben & Jerry's) that prioritize social & environmental impact as well as profits. We can only do well if our community, environment, employees, and customers do well too.
We have to engineer to move physical product; which is hard! And fun!
Scaling our technology doesn't just mean more users online, but also shipping and managing physical product at scale. Ever tried optimizing order routing across a network of distribution centers to minimize order splitting? Here's your chance.
We sell real things to real people, and make an impact
We’re not selling to Silicon Valley & New York; Our customers are real families across the United States. We’ve helped hundreds of thousands of families make better decisions and use more sustainable products.
We ship code to production every day
We believe the key to development speed lies in automation, testing, and incremental change (incremental change, testing, and automation ). Code isn't adding value if it's sitting in a branch; we are optimized to get to production and make an impact.
We are in a truly massive market
Laundry detergent alone is a $130bn global market. And there's been little innovation in the past decade. Across consumer goods, it's the same products, sold at the same brick & mortar grocery stores. We can do better for our customers, and for the world.
Our engineering team of 13 (11 in San Francisco) works primarily in Python (we have Django, Flask, and, command line applications) and ES6 + VUE on the front end. On any given day, you’ll find engineers collaborating to track down the source of a strange pattern in our metrics, pair programming on a piece of brand new functionality, heads-down on a challenging refactor, or meeting with other departments to understand the business context for what we’re building. We are looking for exceptional developers to take on big challenges and innovate with our fast-growing team.
As a full stack developer on the team, you will have a hand in defining the technology that runs grove.co. You will join a team of world class, highly motivated software engineers to deliver a high-quality software architecture with the scalability, maintainability, and performance needed to match the staggering growth of our company (5x year-over-year). You love finding practical solutions to problems, that will grow with the company and a proven ability to design, develop, and ship software that customers love.
- Work on the core aspects of the Grove.co, allowing our services to perform effectively, efficiently, reliably and with high scalability
- Collaborate closely with other engineers to create solid, robust codeShip high-value features and own the impact of your solutions
- Work with product managers to brainstorm and create products that are loved by our customers
- Advocate for new and better ways we should develop, and discover and implement new best practices for the development organization
- Build frameworks and tools that are used by our customers and internal organizations
- Contribute back to the open source projects we rely on
- 3+ years of full stack python development experience.
- Good understanding of Vue.js (or React or similar) and ECMAScript standard.
- Good understand of Django framework.
- You love clean code and robust design
- You value and take responsibility for the quality of your features, including writing your own tests (unit, functional and integration) and reviewing your teammates’ code
- Keen nose for bad code smells
- Motivated and assertive in learning and helping your team be successful
- Innovator with good ideas, strong problem-solving abilities, and a results-oriented attitude
- Candidate with E-commerce experience is preferred
We are remaking the future of consumer goods and want you to join us.
If you join us you’ll get:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options -- shared success is core to our mission
- Comprehensive medical, vision, dental and commuter benefits
- Wellness programs like quarterly massages and weekly meditation
- A shiny Mac and the other productivity accessories you need
- Flexible Paid Time Off -- we care most about results, not face time.
We also have:
- A beautifully designed open office Located at Polk & Pine St in San Francisco near lots of delicious cafes & restaurants
- Fully stocked communal kitchen with healthy snacks and on tap Kombucha
- A cozy "quiet room" for focussed work or meditation
- A handful of friendly, productivity-enhancing (...mostly) small office dogs
Let’s do this
We're building a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come join the community at Grove. It's a heck of a lot of fun, and we'd love to tell you more about it.