Creative Project Manager
San Francisco, CA
Brand and Creative
Can you talk creative strategy, understand creative production processes, are super organized and love working cross-departmentally with incredible people to build awesome things? Then we'd love to have you on the Grove creative team as the creative project manager - the backbone of the creative team. You will likely be one of the most well known people at the company in only 6 months time :) as you'll be collaborating with almost every department in the building and be the person other folks in the company go to to understand the status of a current project and the overall priorities the creative team is working on (with the help of creative project management software of course!). You are the first line of defense - a great candidate will be able to come to the table with smart design/creative solutions that begin bringing these ideas to life during the intake meeting, before being handed off to designers/design managers. A great creative services team is important for any strong brand and in order for us to reach our potential, we need you to help us get there.
- Will partner with departments at Grove that are creative stakeholders - attend all intake meetings that creative touches.
- Demonstrate ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with creative team and those stakeholders.
- Understand production processes (e.g. video and photoshoot), timelines, creative lead times, different types of deliverables, etc
- Create/manage timelines for multiple projects from intake through delivery. Deliverables ranging from emails, banner ads, print ads, insert catalogs, videos, etc
- Prioritize project schedules and help balance workload across the team. Be able to identify and communicate risk in projects/programs early so we can troubleshoot. You will be expected to provide context, impact analysis, present alternatives and generally be an all-star problem solver!
- Understand creative workloads, can triage work based on those workloads, are comfortable pushing back on an intake item based on bandwidth and priorities (once you get to know the business better of course!), and know when to bring in senior members of the creative team for intake meetings vs. being able handle and triage on your own.
- 3-6 years in-house or agency project management experience
- Very organized and super detail-oriented
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment and comfortable with last minute changes and how to problem solve those priority adjustments.
- You're captaining our ship. You're the one seeing ahead, around corners, and generally one step ahead of projects.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and be forward thinking
- Perform working under pressure when needed
- Communicates effectively one-on-one and in a group setting. Can adapt communication to fit the needs of partners & stakeholders.
- Works skillfully with people across a wide variety of roles
- Successfully prioritizes and manages multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated understanding/experience with the creative process and creative production.
- Familiarity with project management systems - familiarity with Workfront is a bonus
We are remaking the future of consumer goods and want you to join us.
If you join us you’ll get:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options -- shared success is core to our mission
- Comprehensive medical, vision, dental and commuter benefits
- Wellness programs like quarterly massages and weekly meditation
- A shiny Mac and the other productivity accessories you need
- Flexible Paid Time Off -- we care most about results, not face time.
Let’s do this
We're building a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come join the community at Grove. It's a heck of a lot of fun, and we'd love to tell you more about it.