Email Marketing Manager - Growth
San Francisco, CA
Growth and Marketing
Grove Collaborative is a digitally native brand and direct-to-consumer e-commerce platform for natural home and personal care products. With a mission to help every family create a healthy, beautiful home, Grove offers a flexible recurring shipment model and gives each customer a personal shopper, a “Grove Guide.”
What makes us different
We are a B Corp
We are a B Corp - a group of about 2500 companies (like Patagonia and Ben & Jerry's) that prioritize social & environmental impact as well as profits. We can only do well if our community, environment, employees, and customers do well too.
We sell real things to real people, and make an impact
We’re not selling to Silicon Valley & New York; Our customers are real families across the United States. We’ve helped hundreds of thousands of families make better decisions and use more sustainable products.
We're looking for a fearless Marketer with ample Email experience to join our rapidly growing Retention Marketing team and take Grove’s customer lifecycle marketing to the next level. You will play an integral role in customer engagement by developing systems and strategies that ensure the most relevant messages reach our customers at the right lifecycle moments. Because you are extremely detail oriented and purposeful in your work, you will thrive in complexity and you will feel excited to chart new territory. Your work will be a blend of technical, hands-on execution and longer-term strategic planning for Grove’s high-growth future.
- Work closely with your Retention Marketing teammates to drive fast growth at Grove while improving customer retention, experience, and engagement
- Be a hands-on marketer: set up email campaigns, develop strategies, and address challenges
- Develop scalable systems and strategies to optimize email performance, including content/creative, subject lines, A/B testing, and more
- Manage seasonal updates to ongoing triggered emails
- Manage email banner messaging: conceive of banner content, partner with Creative, and implement in triggered emails on a systematic basis
- Own weekly & monthly email reporting, including engagement metrics, productivity trends, and test results
- Conduct meaningful customer & campaign analyses, leveraging tools such as Looker, SailThru, and Mixpanel
- Coordinate cross-functionally to test and execute various tactics for customer engagement, including offer code management
- Devise meaningful customer segmentation for differentiated marketing messaging
- Generate and launch ideas for new testing opportunities
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee of this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- You have 2-5 years of professional e-commerce marketing experience and are comfortable working on a high-performing team that is constantly challenging itself
- You have email expertise: you have managed complex email ecosystems and driven demonstrable KPI’s
- You are tenacious: once you set your mind to something, you achieve it
- You love working with data: your first instinct to solving any problem is to see what the data says
- Your best friend is attention to detail
- You are passionate about the customer experience
- You care about leaving a positive impact in the world
- You love to work hard, learn fast, and bring new ideas to the table
- Experience with an ESP (SailThru, Bronto, Responsys Interact, Cheetah Mail, Double Click, Acxiom Digital, etc).
- HTML knowledge
- Retail experience
- Experience with multiple marketing channels
We are remaking the future of consumer goods and want you to join us!
Everyone who works here is nice, respects everyone else, works hard, and is good at their jobs.
We also offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options: shared success is core to our mission
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life & commuter benefits coverage
- Wellness programs like quarterly massages and weekly meditation
- Free VIP Membership + 25% off every Grove order
- A shiny Mac and the other productivity accessories you need
- Flexible Paid Time Off: we care most about results, not face time
Let’s do this
We're building a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come join the community at Grove. It's a heck of a lot of fun, and we'd love to tell you more about it.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to Talent@grove.co.