Director, Employee Experience
San Francisco, CA /
Facilities, Finance, and People Ops – People Ops /
Grove Collaborative is looking for a Director, Employee Experience with a successful track record of progressive and innovative accomplishments to join our People Experience Team! As the first business partner and learning and development lead reporting to the Chief Legal and People Officer, you will be building programs from scratch. You will be a trusted advisor and partner to senior executives across the business and execute a people strategy that shapes our culture, supports our business strategies, and fosters a high-performing and engaged workforce.
In your first three months, you will run the winter performance review process for headquarters, identify opportunities for a 2021 learning and development curriculum, and support senior executives in planning their 2021 talent pipeline strategy. As a member of the senior leadership team, you will partner with leaders across the company to build each team’s capacity through mission alignment, forward movement, continuous learning, improved processes, and a search for simplicity.
- Design employee first programs. Imagine then implement company wide programs that solve existing challenges by tackling their root causes and contributing factors.
- Introduce intentional discussions across teams about cultural elements and facilitate decisions about which ones to maintain, develop, modify, and possibly jettison.
- Serve as a coach and consultant to leaders and employees and provide subject-matter expertise on key organizational and management issues, including talent planning, employee engagement, development and career progression, as well as performance management and feedback with the goal of building client capability and achieving business results.
- Identify and resolve complex employee relations issues quickly and sensitively, exercising good judgment and discretion.
- Use data to analyze trends and drive smart, informed decisions.
- Provide advice on culture and employee experience, market trends, future direction and best practice, including advice on diversity, equity, and belonging.
- Model Grove Collaborative values by consistently acting with authenticity, trust, and respect.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee of this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- 8-10 years experience in People/ HR roles of increasing complexity and scope and a minimum of 2 years as a dedicated People Partner supporting senior leadership.
- Experience in standing up DEI or other change management initiatives and able to speak to the tangible outcomes.
- Lead by listening and persevering until positive actions move towards a resolution.
- Significant breadth of knowledge of and experience using commonly used organizational development concepts, practices and procedures.
- Innovative leader who constantly drives for results – a disruptor who thinks bigger, beyond incremental improvement.
- Courage to propose solutions others are reluctant to address, act in the face of resistance, and advocate for the best interests of the organization.
- Possess sophisticated negotiating, influencing, and project management skills.
- Excellent context-shifting skills: from strategic to tactical, from one complex matter to another, from executive audience to junior audience.
- Resilient and comfortable in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Familiar with local, state & federal labor laws in California.
- Approachable, genuine and able to have fun!
Let’s do this
We're building a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come join the community at Grove. It's a heck of a lot of fun, and we'd love to tell you more about it.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to Talent@grove.co.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.