Lead Data Scientist
San Francisco, CA
Product, Design, Engineering, and Analytics – Analytics
Come join Grove and spearhead the effort of establishing a data science practice at Grove! The team will have amazing growth potential and will tackle some of the most complex and valuable business problems. To start, you will help Grove’s Operations team be more cost-efficient by leveraging big data to produce more accurate demand forecasts. You will collaborate with the Operations, Merchandising and Marketing teams as well as with the Data and Analytics Team for wider and deeper impact. Your work to inform, automate and drive to warehouse staff and inventory decisions will result in a better experience for our customers at a more efficient cost for Grove.
About the Role
This role will help establish a new data science team. It will influence the tech stack and frameworks we develop and to start, it will be responsible for helping Operations with the right planning for staffing and inventory per warehouse by developing and automating algorithms. But, as the team grows it will be responsible for creating algorithms for other parts of the organization such as merchandising and product.
- Establish the data science team at Grove Collaborative
- Build out Grove's data science tech stack - this includes selecting frameworks and technologies to achieve goals
- Create production demand forecasts for the Operations team; encompassing metrics such as staffing and inventory demand per location
- Partner with Grove teams to serve their specific needs with data
- You are action oriented and not afraid to step in to get things done
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee of this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- You have a Master's in Statistics/Biostatistics/Math/Physics/Chemistry/Computer Science
- You have at least 2 years of professional experience
- You have at least one year of software engineering experience
- You have at least one year of applying statistical models and machine learning in a production environment
- You have strong cross-functional communication skills that help simplify and move complex problems forward with business partners
- You have strong standards for software engineering practices such as implementing automated unit tests, are familiar with Computer Science algorithm fundamentals like runtime complexity
- You have production data science experience, i.e. not just fitting a model but being held accountable for performance and reliability in production
Let’s do this
We're building a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come join the community at Grove. It's a heck of a lot of fun, and we'd love to tell you more about it.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to Talent@grove.co.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.