Ruby on Rails Lead Developer
Growth Tribe is Europe’s first growth academy. We empower people and companies to rapidly gain skills in areas such as ‘data-driven growth marketing’ or ‘A.I. without code’. We are redefining education through continuous curriculum deployment and deliver fast-paced learning experiences.
We are looking for a Ruby on Rails Lead Developer who will be responsible for managing the development of all server-side logic. As the Lead Developer, your challenge will be to build, adapt, and create a web application that manages our Amsterdam operations as well as the day to day operations in our other locations located across Europe.
As a part of the team, you will be working with all different departments such as Sales, Operations, Training, and Marketing in order to optimize and automate processes like invoicing, course sessions in specific locations and booking trainers.
You will be working closely with the Global IT Director and will build and lead an IT team consisting of a Front-End Developer and a Head of Tooling (both to be hired soon after you!).
If you are looking for a role where you can develop yourself into the best Ruby on Rails Lead Developer around while working in a fast-growing company and shaping the future of education, you’ve stumbled upon the right job post!
You can have a look of our stack here: StackShare Lin
- 30% Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby code
- 20% Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic
- 10% Integration of data storage solutions
- 20% Identify bottlenecks and bugs and devise solutions to these problems
- 20% Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
MUST HAVE REQUIREMENTS
- You can communicate well in an English-speaking work environment
- You have 3+ years experience as a Ruby on Rails Developer
- Strong knowledge of the Syntax of Ruby and its Nuances
- Good understanding of object-oriented programming & server-side templating languages
- You are familiar with concepts of MVC, Mocking, ORM, and RESTful
- Good understanding of server-side CSS preprocessors (such as Sass)
- A knack for writing clean, readable Ruby code
- Ability to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Able to implement automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (Git)
- Familiarity with development aiding tools (such as Bower, Bundler, Rake, etc)
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- You are available full-time and live in the Netherlands (or willing to relocate)
- NB: This is NOT a remote job
- Access to training with the brightest minds in the ecosystem
- Access to The Netherlands’ fastest growing startup network
- An international team with 26 different nationalities and lots of banter
- A license to develop in the fields you want with a €1500 yearly training budget
- A brand new office centrally located at Amsterdam’s Marineterrein
- Great coffee, plenty of snacks and a healthy lunch every day
- Competitive salary
Got what it takes to be our newest team member? Apply!
We can’t wait to meet you!