If managing speaker schedules, conferences, sales, cold calling, social media, kick-ass community events and social networking don’t turn you on, don’t bother reading the rest and close this page.
You’re reading on - awesome! Do you want to come and support us and soak up all the knowledge you can? We’re on a mission to make startups and everyone else thrive in a way they haven’t seen before.
We're always at the cutting edge of digital skills and tools. Our team is on a daily hunt for the latest tools, programming languages, frameworks and software that enable companies and organizations to cut through the noise and grow faster than the competition. We believe that if something just came out, we know about it.
If this describes you: no-bullshit mentality, voracious learner, humble personality, self-ironic, risk taker, creative, extravert, amazing communicator with godly soft skills and you never take no for an answer …then you’ve definitely come to the right address!
We’re currently ramping up our efforts to increase brand awareness and are looking for someone to assist our Events Manager with speaking engagements and community events.
To sum up, your role will be:
- 70% Reaching out to conferences and in house company events
- Researching conferences and making sure we don’t miss the important ones
- Reaching out to event organisers and securing speaking gigs
- Building relationships with event organisers & program managers
- Promoting our speakers on social media before, during & after their talks
- 30% Community Events
- Supporting monthly/quarterly/annually Community Events at the Growth Tribe Campus
Your Daily Grind
- We speak at events across various industries (e.g. tech, marketing, HR, education, finance, etc), big & small alike
- Finding, securing, and planning speaking gigs for our public speakers
- Getting our speakers on renowned stages such as TNW Conference, Pirate Summit, and Slush
- Negotiating terms and fees with conference organisers
- Writing talk descriptions and their headlines according to the respective conferences
- Organising all logistical aspects, like travel, extra tickets for the team and briefing our speakers
- Developing playbooks to land speaking gigs - experimentation is king!
- Promoting the organised speaking gigs on social media (before, during & after)
- Building landing pages for our public speakers (we’ll help you with this kind of stuff)
- Supporting with monthly community events at the Growth Tribe Campus
- Opportunity to join events to make sure everything runs smoothly
- You’re a natural sales talent
- You prefer communicating in English (non-native with perfect English works)
- You’re creative, witty and have a good sense of humour
- You heart skips a beat when you hear “tech”, “startup scene” & “conferences”
- You looove execution just like we do! Have a positive can-do mentality, and work fast. If you don’t know something, Google is your answer
- You feel comfortable as a calculated improviser
- You take your work seriously, but not yourself
- You’re a self-sufficient team player
- You’re passionate about events and the experiences they deliver
- You obsess over details
- You’re available full-time
- You love scouring the internet for our next speaking gigs
- Good with people
- Organized and disciplined
- Access to training with the brightest minds in the ecosystem
- Access to The Netherlands’ fastest growing startup network
- An international team with 13 different nationalities and lots of banter
- Competitive Internship Compensation
- Daily healthy lunch, fruit, snacks & tasty coffee
- Friday night drinks & lots of team activities
- You need to be enrolled in school - preferably in Event Management or Communication
- Strong knowledge on social media channels to promote content (we have techniques we’ll share as well)
- You’ve gathered some sales experiences in one way or the other
- You don’t shy away from picking up the phone to call complete strangers
- Available full-time and ASAP
Sounds like you? Well… what are you waiting for, apply!
We can’t wait to meet you!