Growth Tribe is leading the way in adult education, digital re-skilling & up-skilling, bridging the gap between rapidly evolving technology and stagnant skills.
We are scaling our course offerings and looking for a Product Portfolio Manager to be responsible for their product portfolio. Success requires commercial and project management skills, as well as a solid understanding of our users, the marketplace, the competition and future trends in the edtech sector.
WHAT YOU WILL DO: As Product Portfolio Manager you’ll be responsible for the P/L and quality of multiple products. This means:
Identifying business needs: what is the problem that needs to be solved on our market and how do we measure success? Do market research and generate insights that you can feed to the cross-functional product team to develop and improve the current product solutions in your portfolio.
Driving revenue: understanding what are the key revenue levers for your product portfolio & what pricing models make sense for your customers. Create and implement sales strategies accordingly.
Monitor Product performance metrics: Closely track performance metrics relevant to your business unit and collaborate with your product team to anticipate, identify and solve problems.
Partner & Stakeholder Management: Motivate the team members from sales, marketing, IT and more in your business unit with a clear & elevating goal, plan the team's work by prioritising the release of new content & processes that were co-created with the product team. Manage any external stakeholders whose input is needed for optimal delivery of the products in your unit.
The best Product Portfolio Manager will be able to balance company goals & capabilities, customer demand, competition, knowing what you know and what you don't know while also thinking ahead and monitoring your assumptions.
YOUR BUSINESS UNIT: Growth Tribe has a large portfolio of products that fall under certain business units. The majority of our products are blended learning experiences delivered offline by our very own expert trainers, blended with online interactive simulations, online courses, on-the-job learning, expert coaching and more. Our users are the participants who join and purchase our education programs. We are currently looking for several Product Portfolio Managers to run one of our business units and the products that fall under it. Examples of some of your products are: 6-Month Growth & A.I. Traineeship and 12-Month Data Science Traineeship.
Business Unit Management - 80%
- Set vision of your business unit and it's portfolio of education products based on relevant internal and external factors
- Set up and monitor business unit performance through product performance metrics across the entire customer lifecycle
- Set and implement strategies to improve the product’s metrics & tracking
- Create & manage the backlog of tasks your business unit's team must deliver on for planned product delivery and improvements
- Prioritise the release of improvements to the curriculum of your education products (sent over by the product team). Juggle the scope, budget, people and time, weighing priorities according to the needs and objectives of the company strategy and stakeholders
- Scale the products in your business unit through customer and market research
Stakeholder management - 20%
- Lead a cross-functional product team composed of trainers, sales, marketing, operations. Note: Team members will not report directly to you as they report to their department heads. Your job will be to influence and coordinate a cross-function team who have been attributed to your business line and it's products.
- Work in close collaboration with department heads (including providing feedback on the performance of the cross-functional team members)
- Ensure your product roadmaps & OKRs are aligned across other business units, departments & the company as a whole
- Facilitate knowledge sharing amongst business unit managers and other relevant internal stakeholders
MUST HAVE REQUIREMENTS
- Commercial experience. You’ve worked with commercial targets and/or teams before and have an understanding of sales relationships
- Demonstrated ability to balance company goals & capabilities, customer demand, market competition
- You have experience with product market fit. For example: business model canvasing, customer discovery, assumption prioritisation, jobs-to-be done framework.
- Experience in iterative and incremental project/product development (think Scrum, Kanban, etc)
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects and stakeholders effectively
- You have excellent English skills in speaking and writing
- You are fluent in Dutch
- You are available full-time and live in Amsterdam (or willing to relocate)
WHO YOU ARE:
- A strategic leader: You are able to continuously align the products in your business line with the overall business strategy. You help your team members anticipate obstacles to the team’s plans and overcome them.
- Holistic; You understand that many things are interrelated and help others realise the impact of certain decisions on the whole.
- Analytical; You make data-driven decisions and investigate situations properly to inform yourself and others. You wouldn’t celebrate simply shipping something, you would celebrate when you can measure its impact.
- Business acumen; In-depth understanding of all business model elements and how a business grows and sustains over time. How to add value and monetize it.
- Commercial; You understand the psychology of sales. You understand how your product fits into Growth Tribe’s service offerings and into the wider market.
- Trouble-shooter; You solve problems. You will find a solution while others despair. Great challenges motivate you.
- Lots of room for personal and professional development
- A training budget of €1.500 per year
- An international team with over 31+ nationalities
- A great office in the heart of Amsterdam
- Free daily lunch, fruit, snacks & tasty coffee
- Friday night drinks & lots of team activities
- Leased Macbook & other tech/subscriptions you might need
- A discount on your gym membership (OneFit)
Got what it takes to be our newest team member?
Apply! We can’t wait to meet you!