Team Manager - Education Products Department
Growth Tribe is leading the way in adult education and digital re-skilling & up-skilling, bridging the gap between rapidly evolving technology and stagnant skills. Our ever-evolving menu of courses allows people in the workforce or people about to join the job market to acquire specific skills that will allow them and companies to grow faster and fix the skills gap. We do so by delivering fast-paced and enjoyable learning experiences around behavioural psychology, A.I., user experience, growth, data and rapid experimentation. We are obsessed with participant engagement, creating learning experiences where it is possible to learn very difficult skills in an enjoyable way and in a short amount of time.
As the Team Manager of our Training Department, you will be responsible for the people management of our training department. This means you will serve as primary supervisor to all of all trainers in the training team and handle all personnel management of the team. You will help grow and develop our international training team by supporting team members with their professional development and functioning as a team.
While you will be the primary responsible person for the people management of this team, you will also share part of this responsibility with our product owners, as the trainers in your team work closely and have a partial direct reporting line to these product owners as well.
You will work closely with the Product Owners to oversee the strategy, direction, and growth of the training department.
+/- 80% People Management:
- Grow and develop the team of (international) trainers
- Take care of trainers’ performance management (with support of the product owners)
- Create and improve onboarding processes for trainers joining different product teams
- Individual level capacity/skill building: planning the development of (or increase in) knowledge, output rate, skills, and other capabilities of the individuals in the team through incentives, technology, and/or training (think individual career paths and development plans for example)
+/- 20% Department Management:
- Set the training team’s direction based on company strategy
- Forecast and Manage trainer hiring needs
- Allocation of work/projects to the team (distribution of workload)
- Manage and control the department’s budget
- Foster the Growth Tribe culture both within and beyond the department
- Oversee the successful completion of department-wide projects
- Team level capacity/skill building: planning the development of (or increase in) knowledge, output rate, skills, and other capabilities of the department as a whole through incentives, technology, and/or training
- Hiring targets
- Employee retention
- Employee engagement score
- Trainer performance (how well they perform in courses + coaching)
Who you are
- A strategic leader: you are able to set up the plan and guide a large team in a fast-paced international setting. You anticipate obstacles to your plan and overcome them.
- Individualising & Empathetic: you notice the special traits and differences in individual team members and are highly in tune with their current state of mind. You adapt your management style to each one, enabling them to do their best.
- Development-oriented: you are also focussed on the long-term development of your individual team members and love to help them grow.
- Analytical aptitude; measuring and forecasting training capacity, setting up and measuring the effectiveness of processes, and decision-making based on data
- Communication skills; ability to translate high-level strategy to day-to-day activities and represent your department in management meetings
Must have Requirements
- You have excellent speaking and writing skills in English
- You have 3+ years of experience in team management
- Experience working in an international, fast-paced start-up environments
- You are available full-time and live in the Netherlands (or willing to relocate)
- Access to The Netherlands’ fastest growing startup network
- Lots of room for personal and professional development
- A training budget of €1.500 per year
- An international team and lots of banter
- A great office in the heart of Amsterdam
- Free daily lunch, fruit, snacks & tasty coffee
- Friday night drinks & lots of team activities
- All the tech you need for your role
Got what it takes to be our newest team member? Apply!
We can’t wait to meet you!