Growth Tribe is leading the way in adult education, digital re-skilling & up-skilling, bridging the gap between rapidly evolving technology and stagnant skills.
We are scaling our product offerings and looking for Product Owners to be the key stakeholders for their product(s). Success requires excellent stakeholder management. commercial skills and a solid understanding of our users, the marketplace, the competition and future trends in the edtech sector.
What you will do: you’ll do what is necessary to build the best product possible. That includes motivating your team with a clear & elevating goal, prioritising the release of features, setting & monitoring product performance metrics and more.
Your products: Growth Tribe has a large portfolio of products. Whereas our Adult Education portfolio includes products like our 2-Day Crash Course and 6-Week Evening Course; our Student Education portfolio has very different products, like our 12-Month Data Science Traineeship. The majority of each product is typically an offline learning experience delivered by our very own expert trainers, blended with interactive simulations, online courses, on-the-job learning, expert coaching, peer forums, and more. Our users are the participants or course attendees. We are currently looking for several product owners that will own different products.
Product ownership - 80%
- Set product vision based on internal and external factors
- Reach product targets by building & implementing a strategy for it. The targets include sales, quality, profitability and retention metrics.
- Create & manage the product backlog.
- Prioritize the release of features & improvements.
- Juggle the scope, budget, people and time, weighing priorities according to the needs and objectives of the company strategy + stakeholders.
- Ensure interaction & collaboration with users to understand their requirements.
- Set up and monitor product performance metrics across the entire customer lifecycle
- Improving & scaling our products through customer and market research
- Incorporate new products coming from the innovation team into your product portfolio
Stakeholder management - 20%
- Lead a cross-functional product team composed of trainers, sales, marketing, operations. Note: Team members will not report directly to you as they report to their department heads. Your job will be to influence and coordinate.
- Work in close collaboration with department heads (including providing feedback on the performance of the cross-functional team members)
- Ensure your product roadmaps & OKRs are aligned across product teams, departments & the company as a whole.
- Facilitate knowledge sharing amongst product owners across products.
MUST HAVE REQUIREMENTS
- Commercial experience. You’ve worked with commercial targets and/or teams before.
- Experience as a product owner
- Demonstrated ability to manage a portfolio of projects/products
- Experience in iterative and incremental project/product development (think Scrum, Kanban, etc)
- You have excellent English skills in speaking and writing
- You are available full-time and live in Amsterdam (or willing to relocate)
WHO YOU ARE:
- Customer-driven; you understand our users and can translate the customer needs into a product vision. You put the customer at the center of everything you do.
- Commercial; you understand the psychology of sales. You understand how your product fits into Growth Tribe’s service offering and into the wider market.
- A strategic leader: you are able to continuously align the product portfolio with the overall business strategy. You help your team members anticipate obstacles to the team’s plans and overcome them.
- Business acumen; in-depth understanding of all business model elements and how a business grows and sustains over time. How to add value and monetize it.
- Holistic; You understand that many things are interrelated and help others realize the impact of certain decisions on the whole.
- Communication skills; you translate high-level strategy to day-to-day activities and represent your department in management meetings.
- Organising; You coordinate large complex projects so they reach their goal. You are efficient, flexible, and adjust to allow for maximum cooperation in the team.
- Improver; You truly enjoy helping others achieve excellence and are an ambitious go-getter yourself. You like looking to the future and thinking of improvement ideas.
- Trouble-shooter; You solve problems. You will find a solution while others despair. Great challenges motivate you.
- Targeted; You want to achieve something. Getting things done, reaching your goal gets you going. Once you’ve reached it you quickly find the next goal. Your stamina keeps you going 24-7.
- Analytical; You make data-driven decisions and investigate situations properly to inform decision making. You wouldn’t celebrate simply shipping something, you would celebrate when it’s shipped and you can measure its’ impact.
- Access to The Netherlands’ fastest-growing startup network
- Lots of room for personal and professional development
- A training budget of €1.500 per year
- An international team and lots of banter
- A great office in the heart of Amsterdam
- Daily healthy lunch, fruit, snacks & tasty coffeeFriday night drinks & lots of team activities
- A good salary
- Leased Macbook
Got what it takes to be our newest team member?
Apply! We can’t wait to meet you!