Senior Ruby on Rails Developer
Growth Tribe is leading the way in adult education and digital re-skilling & up-skilling, bridging the gap between rapidly evolving technology and stagnant skills. We do so by delivering fast-paced and enjoyable learning experiences around behavioural psychology, A.I., user experience, growth, data and rapid experimentation. We are obsessed with participant engagement, creating learning experiences where it is possible to learn very difficult skills in an enjoyable way and in a short amount of time.
We are looking for a Ruby on Rails Developer who will be responsible for managing the development of all server-side logic. As the Lead Developer, your challenge will be to build, adapt, and create a web application that manages our Amsterdam operations as well as the day to day operations in our other locations located across Europe.
You’ll be part of a multi-disciplinary team on a mission to create the learning experience of the future. Other team members are a React Developer, UX Designer, UI Designer and Data Scientist. Next to this team, you will be working closely with our Head of Growth, IT Director and Product Director. If you are looking for a role where you can take the lead as Senior Ruby on Rails Developer while working in a fast-growing company and shaping the future of education, you’ve stumbled upon the right job post!
Start Date: ASAP
Please note: this is NOT a remote job.
YOUR WEEK (Tasks/Responsibilities):
- 30% Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby code
- 20% Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic
- 10% Integration of data storage solutions
- 20% Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- 20% Collaborate with the product owner and multi-disciplinary team to rapidly set up new solutions for our clients
MUST HAVE REQUIREMENTS
- Have an Engineering (Master) degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related fields.
- 7-8+ years experience as a software engineer
- Experience with Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Gems, and APIs
- You already managed self-described API or JSON Schema and always expose an API when you develop a module.
- Experience with standard design patterns, multi-threading, messaging or event-based asynchronous environments.
- Experience with microservices architecture (MSA, SOA) and knows how to work with Service Granularity.
- Excellent knowledge on computer science, data structures, algorithms.
- Maintain high coding quality & standards by participating in code review.
- Review application codebase to make sure there are no potential errors.
- CQRS (Command Query Responsibility Segregation) is one of your favorite architectural patterns because of its infinite scalability and potential
- You will take ownership of what you work on as well as leading efforts from architecting, coding and deploying (Docker & K8s).
- Work experience in a Consumer Product/E-Commerce company will give you the desired edge above others.
- Experience with Relational Database (Postgres), with the ability to optimize queries to improve the performance. Database transactions (ACID) has no secret for you.
- Experience with NoSQL database such as Elasticsearch, Redis with CAP theorem (or Brewer’s theorem)
- Have good knowledge of managing real-time notifications (Websocket, Push notifications)
- You know how to deal with Asymmetric Encryption (like SSH)
- You have experience in unit testing and test-driven development
- You have excellent English skills in speaking and writing
- You are available full-time and live in Amsterdam (or willing to relocate)
- #api #micro-services #CQRS #async #db-replication #kubernetes #docker #real-time-data-infrastructure #isolation #multi-regional-replication #ACID-transactions #sockets #cluster #DDD #scaling-horizontal #CAP-theorem
- Access to The Netherlands’ fastest growing startup network
- Lots of room for personal and professional development
- A training budget of €1.500 per year
- An international team and lots of banter
- A great office in the heart of Amsterdam
- Daily healthy lunch, fruit, snacks & tasty coffee
- Friday night drinks & lots of team activities
- A good salary
- Leased Macbook