Growth Tribe is leading the way in adult education and digital re-skilling & up-skilling, bridging the gap between rapidly evolving technology and stagnant skills. Our ever-evolving menu of courses allows people in the workforce or people about to join the job market to acquire specific skills that will allow them and companies to grow faster and fix the skills gap. We do so by delivering fast-paced and enjoyable learning experiences around behavioural psychology, A.I., user experience, growth, data and rapid experimentation. We are obsessed with participant engagement, creating learning experiences where it is possible to learn very difficult skills in an enjoyable way and in a short amount of time.
As the Training Director, you will be responsible for the trainers management across all our international locations. This means you will serve as primary supervisor to all of all trainers in the training team and handle all personnel management of the team. You will help grow and develop our international training team by improving onboarding processes, supporting team members with their professional development and managing the capacity of our trainers and capabilities across products and locations.
- Lead and manage an international team of currently 24 trainers (forecasted to 50 until the end of the year across locations)
- Optimise and document complex learning experiences. We need you to have a process-oriented, eye for detail to ensure the quality of our products
- Coach the team in designing high quality training / learning experiences
- You have a background in marketing, growth, tech, data, or innovation
- Set the training team’s direction based on company strategy
- Forecast and manage trainer hiring needs
- Allocation of work/projects to the team (distribution of workload)
- Manage and control the department’s budget
- Foster the Growth Tribe culture both within and beyond the department
- Oversee the successful completion of department-wide projects
- Team level capacity/skill building: planning the development of (or increase in) knowledge, output rate, skills, and other capabilities of the department as a whole through incentives, technology, and/or training
- Management: expand and develop the best training team (retention, time to productivity)
- Quality Assurance: optimise and maintain an excellent course experience (high satisfaction score, clear KPIs for the learning experiences)
- Scalable processes across all locations: map out and update the curriculum and share insights with the rest of the global organisation
Who you are
- A strategic leader: you are able to set up the plan and guide a large team in a fast-paced international setting. You anticipate obstacles to your plan and overcome them.
- Individualising & Empathetic: you notice the special traits and differences in individual team members and are highly in tune with their current state of mind. You adapt your management style to each one, enabling them to do their best.
- Development-oriented: you are also focussed on the long-term development of your individual team members and love to help them grow.
- Analytical aptitude; measuring and forecasting training capacity, setting up and measuring the effectiveness of processes, and decision-making based on data
- Communication skills; ability to translate high-level strategy to day-to-day activities and represent your department in management meetings
Must have Requirements
- You have excellent speaking and writing skills in English
- You have 3+ years of experience in team management (remote team is a plus)
- Experience working in an international, fast-paced start-up environments
- You are available full-time and live in the Netherlands (or willing to relocate)
- Lots of room for personal and professional development
- A training budget of €1.500 per year
- An international team with over 31+ nationalities
- A great office in the heart of Amsterdam
- Free daily lunch, fruit, snacks & tasty coffee
- Friday night drinks & lots of team activities
- Leased Macbook & other tech/subscriptions you might need
- A discount on your gym membership (OneFit)
Got what it takes to be our newest team member? Apply!
We can’t wait to meet you!