Chief Operating Officer
Amsterdam Area /
Executive Management /
The future of work demands two major workforce changes from organisations - up-skilling current staff so they may gain new skills in their current role, and re-skilling staff to help them develop new capabilities and take on entirely new roles. The current COVID-19 sanitary crisis and all the uncertainty it has caused only expedites the need for companies to re-skill and up-skill their workers, so they may have a chance of bridging the skills gap and remaining competitive.
WHO ARE WE? Growth Tribe is one of Europe’s leading learning companies, and bridging this skills gap is exactly what we aim to do. We exist to inspire people and organisations to 'Always Be Learning' so they can adapt, stay relevant and succeed in a dynamic world. We want to become the leading education partner for people and organisations, to acquire the most-in demand digital skills. We build world-class online and offline learning experiences for the most in-demand skills and digital capabilities: Data, A.I. Innovation, Growth Marketing, User Experience Design and more. We have trained over 16.000 people and more than 900 companies. We have offices in Amsterdam, London, Paris, Copenhagen, Helsinki and Oslo.
ABOUT THIS ROLE? We are now looking for a structured COO passionate about education who is ready to drive operational excellence across a dynamic international service organisation. You should be a vocal leader with the primary goal of increasing our organisation’s productivity, scalability and growth through high-performing teams located in 6 offices around Europe. You’ll advise our CEO, Peter van Sabben, on key operational insights and lead the delivery of key strategic projects. You’ll oversee all of our international business operations and lead the team in building Growth Tribe into the world’s most impactful EdTech company. It’s your mission to promote our company’s vision, ensure efficient business operations and drive sustainable growth. As part of the leadership team, consisting of the founders and our Chief Product Officer, you’ll directly report to the co-founder and CEO, Peter van Sabben.
As COO, you are responsible for the profitability of Growth Tribe’s business operations and for all corporate staff functions (HR, Operations, Training, Marketing, IT & Sales). This means you will:
- Translate an already existing strategic company direction into actionable plans and goals that our Business Units, Department Functions and all international offices can deliver on
- You will manage and lead the Country managers, HQ Department Directors and International Business Unit Leads to encourage maximum performance and growth
- You will measure and evaluate business metrics to improve performance
- You will facilitate company growth and culture through effective organisational development
- You are an empathic, proactive and decisive leader keen to empower and coach the teams below you to deliver on Growth Tribe’s high growth plans
- You actively contributed, in a leadership role, to the growth of multiple successful scale-ups reaching a headcount of at least 200 when you left
- You have lead at least 3 mid-size or corporate staff functions such as HR, IT, Operations, Marketing, and/or Sales
- You are driven, fast-paced and enjoy the pace of a scale-up
- You are very well organised and thrive on being a step ahead
- You are able to make smart decisions in ambiguous situations
- You are a fantastic communicator who builds trust rapidly and manages your stakeholders before anything else
- You’re extremely open-minded and love to learn
- A competitive compensation package
- A unique opportunity to make your mark on the future of Growth Tribe
- The chance to shape our international team (over 31+ nationalities!) and accelerate the company’s growth
- Work with an international team in 6 countries (NL, France, UK, Denmark, Finland and Oslo)
- Flat hierarchy and an inspiring culture of learning and growth
- Space for personal and professional development
- A yearly training budget. So you can always be learning
- All the tech you need to succeed
- A great office in the heart of AmsterdamFree daily lunch, fruit, snacks & tasty coffee
- Lots of team activities
Got what it takes to be our newest team member? Apply!
We can’t wait to meet you!