Chief Operating Officer
Amsterdam Area /
Growth Tribe is one of Europe’s leading learning companies. We empower people and companies to rapidly gain skills in a fast changing world. We build world-class online and offline learning experiences for the most in-demand digital capabilities: Data, Innovation, Marketing, User Experience and more. We are redefining education through continuous curriculum deployment and fast-paced learning experiences.
We’re here to inspire people and organisations to 'Always Be Learning' so they can adapt, stay relevant and succeed in a dynamic world. We want to become the leading academy for people and organisations, to acquire the most-in demand digital skills.
We have trained over 15.000 people and more than 900 companies. We have offices in six European capitals (Amsterdam, London, Paris, Copenhagen, Helsinki and Oslo).
We are looking for someone to help us take our scale-up to the next level. Oversee our business operations and lead the team in building Growth Tribe into the world’s most impactful EdTech company. It’s your mission to promote our company’s vision, ensure efficient business operations and drive sustainable growth.
As part of the leadership team, consisting of the founders and our Chief Product Officer, you directly report to the co-founder and CEO, Peter van Sabben. Together with the leadership team, you are responsible for the company’s strategic direction, quality of execution and results.
- Translation of the set strategic direction into actionable plans and goals
- Design and implement strategic plans and business processes
- Manage and lead the team to encourage maximum performance
- Oversee all the day-to-day operations and guide the team of directors
- Measure and evaluate business metrics to improve performance
- Facilitate company growth and culture through effective organisational development
- 10+ years of work experience
- At least 5+ years in a managerial role
- At least 3+ years in a startup or scale-up
- Previous experience as part of a company’s leadership team
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
- Previous experience as COO (or similar)
- More extensive experience with multiple scale-ups
- Experience in the EdTech industry
- Excellent verbal and written Dutch skills
WHO YOU ARE
- You are an empathetic, proactive and decisive leader
- You are a strategic thinker and thrive on being a step ahead at all times
- You love to manage and coach your team to maximum performance
- You can lead from intuition and make decisions in ambiguous situations
- You have excellent organisational skills
- You manage your stakeholders before anything else
- You are an excellent communicator and build trust quickly
- You have a very strong understanding of data, metrics and finance
- You have high levels of emotional intelligence
- You are open-minded and love to learn
- A unique opportunity to make your mark on the future of Growth Tribe
- The chance to shape our international team (over 31+ nationalities!) and accelerate the company’s growth
- Flat hierarchy and an inspiring culture of learning and growth
- Space for personal and professional development
- A yearly training budget. So you can always be learning
- All the tech you need to succeed.
- A great office in the heart of Amsterdam
- Free daily lunch, fruit, snacks & tasty coffee
- Lots of team activities
Got what it takes to be our newest team member? Apply!
We can’t wait to meet you!