People Development Specialist
Los Angeles, CA /
Bamboo is a growth marketing startup with teams in San Francisco, Seattle, and Los Angeles. Our team has successfully managed over $500MM in advertising spend for clients like Headspace and The New York Times. We combine paid search, paid social, creative and technical expertise with an "extension of the in-house team" mentality that makes us the perfect partner for any innovative company in scaling mode.
We are looking for a People Development Specialist to support and advocate for the growth and development of our team.
At the company level, our goal is to become the best place to train and build skills as a Growth Marketer. The primary goal as the People Development Specialist is to help our growing team reach their full potential at Bamboo. In this high impact role you will collaborate with the broader team to design and scale peer education and enablement. Your work will impact not just new hire onboarding, but also the ongoing success and progress of all of our talent at all levels and lengths of tenure. You’ll also partner with key stakeholders to understand where there are gaps and opportunities for employee education and skill development.
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about learning and helping others grow in their careers. You will help foster a culture of learning and knowledge sharing at Bamboo and you’ll be a part of the essential glue that helps our team operate successfully.
If you have experience in HR, talent management, learning and development program planning, or related experience, we’d love to hear from you! This role will join the People Operations team at Bamboo, and report to the Senior People Operations Manager.
- Create and implement internal programs to help educate and enable our team
- Work closely with the People Operations team to build an effective onboarding program
- Partner with cross-functional leaders to design engaging peer learning experiences
- Collaborate with functional leaders to understand and proactively identify growth blockers and gaps in employee education and enablement
- Be an advocate for our staff gaining access to education opportunities and mentorship
- Support and guide our managers as they develop their individuals and teams
IN THIS ROLE IT WILL BE ESSENTIAL TO:
- Collaborate cross-functionally with employees, managers, and leadership
- Proactively identify opportunities and areas for improvement
- Think critically and problem solve on the go
- Be comfortable pivoting when need be
- Communicate clearly and effectively
- Minimum 3+ years of HR /People Operations/Learning and Development/Employee Education or any related experience
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in HR, psychology, education, or a related field.
Our industry often lacks diverse representation, and historically underrepresented groups are often less likely to apply if they don't believe that they meet all of the criteria in a job description.
Are you hesitant to submit an application because you're not sure if you check every box? Apply anyway! We would love to hear from you and figure out what you can add to the culture at Bamboo.
PERKS AND BENEFITS:
- Competitive compensation package
- 401(k) contribution
- Discretionary time off and flexible remote options
- Paid parental leave
- 100% company paid health, dental and vision insurance
- Annual continued learning and development stipend
- Monthly connection stipend
- Annual team trip, monthly team outings, happy hours and more! (in person events currently on pause due to the COVID-19 pandemic)
Bamboo is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome candidates of all backgrounds to apply. We look forward to meeting you!