Business Development Manager
San Francisco, CA /
Bamboo is a growth marketing startup with teams in San Francisco, Seattle and Los Angeles. Our team has successfully managed over $500MM in advertising spend for clients like Uber, Headspace and The New York Times. We combine paid search, paid social, creative and analytics expertise with an "extension of the in-house team" mentality that makes us the perfect partner for any innovative company in scaling mode.
Please apply if you’re excited about a Business Development role that is more than your typical “source and close” function.
This is a perfect opportunity for a multi-dimensional person who is excited to close high-value deals while also going deep on Growth Marketing strategy.
Our Business Development Manager will report directly to our CEO and work alongside our Partnerships Manager to serve as an industry-facing voice of Bamboo.
The day-to-day for our BD Manager will be a blend of relationship development, industry thought leadership, and managing the end-to-end sales process with client prospects (most of which are referred to us or come inbound organically). The ultimate goal of this role is to vet and close technology clients that we know we can have a mutually beneficial partnership with.
Ideal candidates will have a proven track record in a Strategic Sales or Account Management role at a leading marketing agency or SaaS company that sells into Growth Marketers and/or Marketing Execs.
- Serve as a hands-on owner of Bamboo’s new business development efforts.
- Work inbound client inquiries, audit growth programs and recommend solutions.
- Contribute actively to the Growth Marketing community through relationship building, events, workshops, content, etc.
- Partner with our internal team to form growth strategies for potential clients.
- Negotiate terms and conditions and new business close deals.
- Experience selling into Growth Marketers and/or Marketing Executives
- Proven enterprise marketing experience (paid growth programs of $6M+ annually)
- A history of goal achievement. This is a quota carrying role with uncapped commission.
- Positivity and resilience with your team and clients
- Strong communication skills - written and verbal
Our industry often lacks diverse representation, and historically underrepresented groups are often less likely to apply if they don't believe that they meet all of the criteria in a job description.
Are you hesitant to submit an application because you're not sure if you check every box? Apply anyway! We would love to hear from you and figure out what you can add to the culture at Bamboo.
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Competitive compensation package
- 401(k) contribution
- Discretionary time off and flexible remote options
- Paid parental leave
- 100% company paid health, dental and vision insurance
- Annual continued learning and development stipend
- Monthly connection stipend
- Annual team trip, monthly team outings, happy hours and more! (in person events currently on pause due to the COVID-19 pandemic)
Bamboo is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome candidates of all backgrounds to apply. We are looking forward to meeting you!