Senior Product Controller - Temp to perm - Cryptocurrency Trading - London
Mayfair, Greater London /
Finance – Product Control /
Founded in 2013, GSR is a crypto market maker with more than 300 employees in 5 countries. We provide billions of dollars of liquidity to cryptocurrency protocols and exchanges on a daily basis. We build long-term relationships with cryptocurrency communities and traditional investors by offering exceptional service, expertise and trading capabilities tailored to their specific needs.
GSR works with token issuers, traders, investors, miners, and more than 60 cryptocurrency exchanges around the world. In volatile markets we are a trusted partner to crypto native builders and to those exploring the industry for the first time.
Our team of veteran finance and technology executives from Goldman Sachs, Two Sigma, Citadel, and Tower Research among others, has developed one of the world’s fastest and most robust trading platforms designed to navigate issues unique to the digital asset markets. We have continuously improved our technology throughout our history, allowing for our clients to scale and execute their strategies with the highest level of efficiency.
Working at GSR is an opportunity to be deeply embedded in every major sector of the cryptocurrency ecosystem.
We have available a Vice President level role available within our highly sophisticated Product Control team.
Product control is at an early stage of developing the firms end to end control model for crypto asset trading. This provides a unique opportunity for the right candidate to be part of its design, development, and evolution.
To be successful in this role the candidate will need demonstrate previous experience in automating product control processes utilising large sets of data and creating automated reporting and control processes.
As a Senior Product Controller, you will be responsible for:
- Building a daily P&L and traded portfolio Balance Sheet and commentaries explaining activities and market moves, key risk positions and balance sheet moves.
- Hands on with automating reporting utilising large sets of data and creating end user reporting utilising coding skills.
- Daily front to back reconciliations and resolving any breaks on a timely basis, including oversight of reconciliations performed by Operations.
- Closely working with colleagues in Trading, Operations, Risk, Treasury and Finance for analysis, trade structures, new initiatives, and ad hoc queriesIndependent price verifications and reserves.
- Balance Sheet substantiation.
- Maintaining clear communicating with colleagues in wider finance and assisting in efficient month end close process.
- Gaining a thorough understanding of products, trading strategies, crypto/blockchain infrastructure, front to back systems, processes, and trade lifecycle flows.
- Gaining a working knowledge of liquidity, funding and capital framework and their interaction with traded portfolio to identify optimisation opportunities.
- Design and implementation of automated controls and processes as needed.
- Actively driving data quality and processes improvements.
- Assisting in preparation of various finance deliverables for internal and external reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher professional qualification in Finance (CPA, CFA, CMA, ACA).
- 5 or more years’ experience in finance of which at least 2 years in product control in a trading environment.
- Good working knowledge of Python, SQL and/or VBA (preferable).
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Commercial acumen and good eye for detail.
- Good communication and team player.
What we offer:
A collaborative and transparent company culture founded on Integrity, Innovation and Performance. Competitive Salary with two discretionary bonus’ payments a year. Benefits such as Healthcare, Dental, Vision, Retirement Planning, 30 days holiday and free lunches when in the office.
Hybrid working pattern in all of our offices from London, New York, Singapore, Zug and Malaga.
Regular Town Halls and off-sites, team lunches and drinks.
A Corporate and Social Responsibility program as well as charity fundraising matching and volunteer days.
Immigration and relocation support where required.
GSR is proudly an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon any applicable legally protected characteristics such as race, religion, colour, country of origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression or age. We operate a meritocracy, all aspects of people engagement from the decision to hire or promote as well as our performance management process will be based on the business needs and individual merit, competence in the role.
Learn more about us at www.gsr.io.